Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

304 Oil pressure issues

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol vice grips to remove the oil pressure switch? You know you can buy a socket specifically to remove the oil pressure switch, right? :) Makes it MUCH easier!! (and less round on the edges - plus you can torque it up properly :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
hmm, any auto store would have these? and by any, i mean not supercheap because they never have anything, and not repco because they will want $100 for it.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Burson will want $20 for it :)

It's a Lisle Oil Pressure Switch Socket - ask for part number 13200 and they'll love you forever :p

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha sweet, might look into it tomorrow. saves me wasting more time staring at the damn sensor wondering why it wont budge

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Oil light comes on at 5PSI, I think, and by then it would be causing damage and probably would have seized somewhere by now. My money is also on the switch.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Not always the case. My oil light genuinely came on six months ago, and I ran the car for close to thirty seconds (also suspecting a faulty switch) only to find the oil pump had split and was pumping all the oil out the side.

Opened the motor up, and no damage to be seen :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
thanks heaps for that suggestion morton. i used that product code and got the socket from bursons for $20.85. made it so much easier to get off, although the damn thing was 3/8" drive. swapped another one in there, and no light for now. will report back if the light pops up again. im guessing the old one got buggered up by either coolant from timing chain change, or i may have cleaned the engine not long ago

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
lol, 3/8" drive? You've got to be kidding, mine's a 1/2" drive! Get a vernier in there and take pics, I want to see!! :p

Glad it's fixed it for now :)

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, 3/8" drive? You've got to be kidding, mine's a 1/2" drive! Get a vernier in there and take pics, I want to see!! :p

Glad it's fixed it for now :)

yeah man, same brand and part number you mentioned. strange. lucky i had a piece of crap 3/8 ratchet that fit it.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's wieeeeerd. I know for a fact that mine is a 1/2", because I don't have any 3/8" drivers :p