Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ok to use just one extractor?

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
the_cat_is_pushing_a_watermelon_out_of_a_lake.jpg

your joking right?

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
No, Why would I be? Have celica with no engine, commo with shagged body and good engine, all the tools required to do the swap and I am a certed welder. Its gonna be pretty epic winrar.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Maybe your first post destroyed your credibility?

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Celica engine, trans and transfer case is heavier than the commodores, and when fitted the celica engine is right over/in front of the front wheels. Will need to cut and weld the firewall and trans tunnel to fit the RWD trans anyway, so aiming to have the rear of the engine less than 6 inches in front of the firewall. Guys that have done a 1UZ conversion in these reckon they have a weight split of 56/44 - a stock celica is 60/40

Also looking at aftermarket alloy heads for the buick, which will lighten the engine up by ~16kg

good luck finding l27/ln3 alloy heads...

-=ApheX=-

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 3.8l Exec
If your a "certed" welder and want a 2 door?
get an ol VN or something cut the rear doors and sh1t out of it, shorten the tail shaft, and weld it all back together again...
Instant 2 door commo with out farking with convertion into a "celica"

btw I am not serious about doing any of the above...

say no to half cars!

dan202

ITZ A PIG
Reaction score
Members Ride
I HOT VR
why not just put a v6 into an older commy me and my mate done a v6 vl for a bush bomb and its still better than yours wish we had your extractors would of been " fully sick "

Ross D.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
give it ago, why not? see how it turns out

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy
why not just put a v6 into an older commy me and my mate done a v6 vl for a bush bomb and its still better than yours wish we had your extractors would of been " fully sick "

Yeah a couple mates of mine put a VN V6 turbo in a VB. It 'kinda' goes hard, but I would prefer something a bit different

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha theres no kinda about it LOL

VT-565

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
Celica engine, trans and transfer case is heavier than the commodores, and when fitted the celica engine is right over/in front of the front wheels. Will need to cut and weld the firewall and trans tunnel to fit the RWD trans anyway, so aiming to have the rear of the engine less than 6 inches in front of the firewall. Guys that have done a 1UZ conversion in these reckon they have a weight split of 56/44 - a stock celica is 60/40

Do you have weight figures for either?
I'm finding it hard to believe an alloy headed 4 cylinder with trans & transfer is heavier than an all iron V6 and transmission.
If you're setting it right back , then it will go a way towards evening up the weight split, but I cannot see it easy to improve on stock.

Good luck with it