Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Old cars were more fun

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Nice.

But, whats with the seats in the Monaro? :bang:

Hope you got better taste in wheels these days. :p

The seats were re-upholstered HJ Kingswood, with self made backrest release locks, so that they could tilt forward. The upholstery was the same material as used in VH SL/X Commodores, in dark brown ribbed velour with tan vinyl sides.

The wheels were popular at that time. Obviousy very out of date today.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Hmmm, not a fan of the seats at all, but each to thier own i guess. Just look way too big/tall for the monaros short roofline.

I realise the wheels were sort of an "in thing" back then, was just a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Hmmm, not a fan of the seats at all, but each to thier own i guess. Just look way too big/tall for the monaros short roofline.

I realise the wheels were sort of an "in thing" back then, was just a bit of a tongue in cheek comment.

The seats were too tall, but far more comfortable than the crap that HT's came with. (and when I picked the Monaro up, it didn't come with anything except the rear seat and door trims so everything had to be sourced)

NZVK308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK sold.. VN3.8 and VX aclaim
Old cars were more fun..

AH HMM.. what do mean were? lol older cars still are fun man.. all thats changed IMO is society and the law makers.. still remmber in the old HQ 10 of us cruising to the beach or into town on friday night...

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
That's why you buy a newer car (in my case, VQ Statesman), and remove all the annoying gadgets (in this case, heater, a/c, power steering, automatic transmission, etc) until you're left with an engine, some exhaust pipes, three pedals and a gearstick.

MortonVQ_85.jpg

jimmig81

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WH
Hi guys just what i wanted to hear, I thought i was the only crazy one goin backwards had EH's and HR's and a V8 capri as my first couple of cars. Then thought that i would try a newer car (VT) couldnt handle that air bag light and ******g beepin though. Well cut a long story short now I gottta VN gonna sell soon and buy a 68 impala but I do have to say it is kinda scary drivin a xu1 specs 202 in a EH with drum brakes ( I was young would upgrade brakes now) but heaps more fun. So i guess what im trin to say is i cant handle newer cars i wanna feel like im drivin my car body roll, bad brakes and all the other stuff involved with drivin a 40+ year old car

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
I understand completely. The exact reason why I bought a HQ Kingswood ^_^

jimmig81

Reaction score
Members Ride
V8 WH
Glad someone understands cause most ppl just say whynot use the money to buy a late model commodore

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
By old cars, do you mean pre ABS, ESP, T/C, EMS, and so on, ie mechanical engines controlled by mechanical setups as opposed to mechanical engines run by a heap of little chips and computers that dictate how you are allowed to drive the car and what your limits are, that what I am thinking you mean anyway.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Yup, take me back to a car with 14 wires, mechanical fuel pumps and carbies. Tell me now, where's the fun if it doesn't take three tries to start the bastard up? :p