Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Omg, Are People F%cking Blind!

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
coming down the freeway one night and everyone was christmas lighting [hitting brakes last minute] i saw this coming so i slowed down early and some astra folling me too closely went down hard but the funny part was behind HIM there was a landcruiser, also following too close from what i could gather he locked it and had to swerve into the emergency lane so he didnt hit anything. i didnt know whether to get a lotto ticket or sit there and laugh at teh landcruiser guy's idiocy

R

ResmeN

Lucky miss mate. You should be more careful next time. My sister is a driving instructor and she always tells me that a good driver isn't a driver thats drives good but is a driver which looks ahead to see what is on the road and is able to avoid accidents.

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
ResmeN - I'm assuming you're talking to me ;). I usually AM quite careful, especially with looking ahead. I never trust anyone behind me to slow down in time so I make sure that I leave enough space for them and me. It was just this one particular day for some reason it just didn't click that I nearly didn't have room to stop :(.

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
s0sage said:
next time your in a shopping centre ... pay close attentoin to the fkwit people walking their trolleys around .. does their smacking into ailes, walls, PEOPLE look familiar???

people drive cars like they're shopping trolleys.. its only by sheer luck and the fact that more often than not - the other person is watching out for something like that - that there's less accidents on the road than there is.

WAKE UP ASS CLOWNS!!!!!
Its funny u say that an old lady pulled out in front of me i stopped & missed her. But the funny bit is the same old bitty ran into my heels in the shops with the trolley. It hurt cause i had blisters.

Jesk

registered lunatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
96 ef2 fairmont
I hate the 4wd drivers too, yesterday i was turning left onto south road (in aldinga with just a give way for the left turn, while trying to follow my future inlaws, and this stupid woman turning right with a stop sign and i was halfway in south road and she blasted into the intersection cutting me off, bloody soccer mums in their toorak tractors!!

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I think bus drivers are the worst offenders of pulling out without looking...

I've been pushed up the median strip a few times to avoid getting sideswiped !!!

I even was on a bus one time when it side swiped a parked car...admittantly the car was parked very close to the bus bay...

But I think quite a few bus drivers have a "Get out of my way or else" attitude and dont really give a f#ck as long as they are on time!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
sixshooter said:
I think bus drivers are the worst offenders of pulling out without looking...

I've been pushed up the median strip a few times to avoid getting sideswiped !!!

I even was on a bus one time when it side swiped a parked car...admittantly the car was parked very close to the bus bay...

But I think quite a few bus drivers have a "Get out of my way or else" attitude and dont really give a f#ck as long as they are on time!

i don't know about where you are but in QLD the buses have a give way sign on the back.
so legally they are allowed to put there indicator on & just come straight out.
and this is exactly what they do,too bad if anyone is beside them
if they hit you its you who is in the wrong.
if i come across a bus at a bus stop i change lanes but if this is not possible then proceed with caution!

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Hey s0sage, - on that topic.
A week after i got my VN we came back and found the whole rear door dinted in, wasnt by a shopping trolley because the plastic would have caught it but rather a pram because it was next to the pedestrian crossing and parents parking.
Then a month after we got the new vectra, a van smashed the rear left hand tail light at a cost of $350, a woman saw it happen but unfortunately forgot to get the licence plate number!!! Amazing how some people have the nerve to drive off.
Its a matter of people not caring or having any decency to own up to their actions, and these idiots are on the roads with us everyday. Thats the only thing putting me off from switching to two wheels.

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
greengopher said:
i don't know about where you are but in QLD the buses have a give way sign on the back.
so legally they are allowed to put there indicator on & just come straight out.
and this is exactly what they do,too bad if anyone is beside them
if they hit you its you who is in the wrong.
if i come across a bus at a bus stop i change lanes but if this is not possible then proceed with caution!

Actually this is common across the country.

The bus cannot just pull out at all. Although it says give way, you are only to give way if it is safe to do so. Likewise the bus cannot just pull out if it is not safe to do so. These morons just take their big white sticker to heart.

It's a bit like me driving lights and sirens. Even if you are supposed to give way to me when there on, if I hit ou, even though you didn't give way, I will more than like ley in most cases be at fault.

It's all about safety not rights.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
well i would like to change my tune a little.

as mentioned in the perth cruise announcement today i was going along the road with a few other commodore owners and some little car came out in front of me [i figure he ran his stop sign, this was on a dual lane road] he see me last minute and locks it up i lock my car serve left and then right [going around his front] but i didnt counter left again to continue straight in doing so i kept spinning doing a 180 and striking a center traffice island, in a rush to get out of the way of anything i jumped the center bit and crossed the road onto a open grass area. and s my sig currently says i now have two ****ed up steel rims and a bent rear axel with unknown further damage. [the entire diff is probably nackerd and i'll have to get the rear suspension, struts tranny and engine mounts checked.]

tomorrow im logging it with the police and from there with the insurance company.

i am a little ticked about the whole thing but i dont want revenge on the guy who cut in front of me, i just want to say one line to him

"show some patience in future please"

if he waited for a second i'd of had a great day at the cruise.

but no matter again im only frustrated that i cant drive my own car atm. but if im lucky it should be an easy fix [i.e. two wheels alignment and rear diff] and i can resume learning how to see this sort of stuff coming a little further away.