Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One happy ford customer... NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
APS is also making there Phase IV setup aswell........
And look at something like the Phase II setup, 330kw@fly, 12sec quarters, and full noise and emissions legal!!! How many 12sec GM-H steads can claim that???

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Remember we're talking common mods that all turbo car owners would make. Not to mention it still being under warranty hence why it hasn't been repeated much since then.

10.98, 10.99.. It's still a 10..

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
bextor84 said:
Remember we're talking common mods that all turbo car owners would make. Not to mention it still being under warranty hence why it hasn't been repeated much since then.

All turbo car owners may be able to make these mods, but they will void the drivetrain warranty of the vehicle. Ask a Ford dealer if you don't believe me.

And the feat has never been repeated at all. Not that it "hasn't been repeated much since then." It has not been repeated. EVER. People have been trying for almost a year and have been unsuccessful at it. Full stop.

AirStrike said:
APS is also making there Phase IV setup aswell........
And look at something like the Phase II setup, 330kw@fly, 12sec quarters, and full noise and emissions legal!!! How many 12sec GM-H steads can claim that??

Haha. How much is a Phase III kit? Professionally installed, of course...

And the Phase IV kit is not street legal, but it is very very impressive. Hard to believe they get so much out of the old boat anchor.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
I'm not even going to bother, 10.9- 10.98...hahaha

And going on about the VL being lighter, it is? Surprise, surprise. I was referring to the lack of internal engine mods.

Get over it, make a point rather than worrying about statistics. It's not a spade, it's 'shovelling' the proverbial.

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
OSL-060 said:
Get over it, make a point rather than worrying about statistics.

Man. You don't like being proven wrong do you?

The point is that some pretty big claims are made when it comes to the XR6T, but the proven and repeatable results just aren't there.

OSL-060 said:
It's not a spade, it's 'shovelling' the proverbial.

On your part maybe, not from here. You made a claim, and I called your bluff. Now you don't have a real answer, so you resort to personal attacks.

Let's say I buy an XR6T and get a Phase III kit fitted. I will not run 10s out-of-the-box. High 11s, maybe, but more likely low 12s. This is a good result, and I would be pretty pleased for the money, really.

Sure, it could run 10s if I threw a stack of cash at a tuner getting 'em to tune it for the quarter mile, AND if the weather conditions were perfect. But just bolting some bits on isn't going to perform the magic you seem to think it will.

Be realistic man. If you went to the drags at all, you would see that it isn't common for XR6Ts to run 11s, let alone 10s.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Well if we're talking about proving points here you haven't given us much to base your claims on. Nothing more then personal opinion.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
clixanup said:
Man. You don't like being proven wrong do you?

The point is that some pretty big claims are made when it comes to the XR6T, but the proven and repeatable results just aren't there.

On your part maybe, not from here. You made a claim, and I called your bluff. Now you don't have a real answer, so you resort to personal attacks.

Let's say I buy an XR6T and get a Phase III kit fitted. I will not run 10s out-of-the-box. High 11s, maybe, but more likely low 12s. This is a good result, and I would be pretty pleased for the money, really.

Sure, it could run 10s if I threw a stack of cash at a tuner getting 'em to tune it for the quarter mile, AND if the weather conditions were perfect. But just bolting some bits on isn't going to perform the magic you seem to think it will.

Be realistic man. If you went to the drags at all, you would see that it isn't common for XR6Ts to run 11s, let alone 10s.

I never said they all run 10's or that they run them on a regular basis.....

Proven wrong? What are you on about? I was never trying to prove anything haha. More so I never said anything that could be proven wrong besides the mere laziness of not inclucing a hundreth in an et....big deal.

Don't like it? Like many others I think this thread is a ******* classic :yeah:

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
OSL-060 said:
I never said they all run 10's or that they run them on a regular basis.....
OSL-060 earlier today said:
And motor wise, these things (XR6T's) are running high 10 low 11 sec quarters with only bolt on modifications
Its right there in black & white. :yeah:

OSL-060 said:
More so I never said anything that could be proven wrong
And the hole gets deeper... You said XR6Ts are running high 10's (with only bolt-on mods). They aren't. One did it once and hasn't been able to do it again since.

OSL-060 said:
besides the mere laziness of not inclucing a hundreth in an et
That "hundredth" is actually 8/100ths, or almost 1/10th of a second. People spend megabucks to make up that amount of time in racing, especially in drag racing.

bextor84 said:
Well if we're talking about proving points here you haven't given us much to base your claims on.
I'm not the one making claims here. Show me the timeslips of an XR6T with only bolt-on (and street legal) modifications which regularly and repeatedly runs 10s and I'll STFU. OK? :rice:

SpaceYam

somewhat awesome
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 Ford Focus ST
Umm, I don't think the Rice Boyz emoticon is appropriate when describing Ford Falcons/XRs/whatever :bop:

DJ Majah

Electro doof doof styleé
Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII cruiser
DavidPartay said:
Umm, I don't think the Rice Boyz emoticon is appropriate when describing Ford Falcons/XRs/whatever :bop:
I'll go with Clixanup, the Fords are fair game.

Status
Not open for further replies.