Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One owner VB SL RESTO Now LOWERED!

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Ow! Pics?

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Not uploading pics at this stage leaving the car alone as I'm pissed of with it today. Been told by the mechanic at work i should just put a new thermostat in it and he showed me how they are ament to be put in, Tomorrow night I'll have a look but I'm guessing i don't have mine on the correct angle.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was talking to the mechanic at work and he said I've prob put the thermostat in facing the wrong direction. So I'll pull it apart on the weekend and have a look. Getting a new set of leads as well.

Currently looking On Victorian car sales and sites for Early model SLE's or SS's up to about a VN Once I have a V8 to get ready as a daily i hope I've got this done so it doesn't get forgotten. But i don't intend on having it registered during the winter Not worth the hassle would rather it during the "summer".

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Please just put a v8 in this!

Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I like the idea, but its a fair bit involved plus regency!

Motor, Trans, Diff. Tailshaft. And it wont be standard then. Its just a weekend cruiser I'll have a V8 as a daily. I've thought about the monaro more but I'd rather spend 8k max on a decent early model V8 :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Fair enough but the v8 is meant to be the weekender usually!!

Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Okies well after a week of trying not to think about the car here we are. I pulled the thermostat housing of relised i hadn't put it in correct put it back together. changed a bolt on the rocker cover which i hadn't painted when it went together last time. Started it up all good and well. didn't get hot for 5 Minutes. then it went lil over half so i shut it off and it started dropping water from the overflow bottle. Also hear a bubbling sound from the back of the motor around the manifold area. Not sure what it is though. rocker cover seems to be tight enough. it sounds like a water thing though.

Got the new floor mats, they arrived finally. the correct colour :D They change colour when you brush them different ways but they definatly look better :)

Got a pair of the wheels at work at the moment waiting for my new tyres. so I've put a spare and a 17 i had laying around on the front for the time being. Just want this running properly already haha!

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
The Matt's look brilliant, chalk and cheese to the old ones!

And yea just get it running, I drove mine for ages last night and felt like coolest kid I school:p

Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
I bet you did :)

Well I've been in the shed, cars on stands again. cleaning benieth it. Think I'm going to paint the whole floor pan and all of the underside of the car... Any thoughts on this guys? Gonna do it black. any suggestions?

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Por15 paint?

Pm me.