Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

One owner VB SL RESTO Now LOWERED!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
Okies well after a week of trying not to think about the car here we are. I pulled the thermostat housing of relised i hadn't put it in correct put it back together. changed a bolt on the rocker cover which i hadn't painted when it went together last time. Started it up all good and well. didn't get hot for 5 Minutes. then it went lil over half so i shut it off and it started dropping water from the overflow bottle. Also hear a bubbling sound from the back of the motor around the manifold area. Not sure what it is though. rocker cover seems to be tight enough. it sounds like a water thing though.

Got the new floor mats, they arrived finally. the correct colour :D They change colour when you brush them different ways but they definatly look better :)

Got a pair of the wheels at work at the moment waiting for my new tyres. so I've put a spare and a 17 i had laying around on the front for the time being. Just want this running properly already haha!

interior is looking really good
those mats are awesome. Might need a cheap set of floor mats to put over them so you don't wreck them lol ;)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
Haha. Couple of people have said that already Darren :) The interior is the main thing I'm proud of at the moment. Something finally completed on it :D Ordering some Por15 paint at the moment, Gloss black :) should be interesting next weekend :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Where'd u order from?

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
ebay. got it $90 posted for 1litre gloss black

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Got the paint today, if its not raining tomorrow night I'll prob go down the shed and have a bit of a play with it. says its best applied in moist and humid conditions, :) always a positive.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ok, Big Fark around really pissed of right now.

All was well got home got the car all set made sure all was clean and good. Got too it all was well wearing gloves. didn't realise i ended up with some on my arm. and it went right down, didn't notice then i went to scratch my fourhead. Noticed it on my arm. went to get up and slid the creeper into the tin of paint. spilling it all over the floor now i only have a quarter of a tin left which I don't think i could do the other side with! plus this is only the first coat.

Heres some pics.

Grhh so annoyed. after an half hour of different industrial cleaning products i have have dulled it down a bit on my arm not much though and i used 1500grit wet sandpaper to get it off my face! FARK!!!!

Oh also put the old springs in the back again for the time being because jacking it up all the time at the moment the springs keep falling out so the others don't for the time being they will be in but ill have the lower ones in once its back on the road. and not on stands then ground jack stands lol.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Hope it's safe on that exhaust?
Spewin about spillage!

Pm me.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hope it's safe on that exhaust?
Spewin about spillage!

Pm me.

Prob not, will soon see! cant really do anything accept maybe grinder on it and buff it off....

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
well After another long shower this morning, I Succeeded with getting absolutely no more off... Face is red raw along with arms.... Haha Will be interesting at working having to move customers cars around and be covered in what looks like grease from a distance will see how it goes.