Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions on rims

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
just because a set of 18 x 8's are cheaper than 17 x 9's doesnt mean its a better option, forget the 18's there more expensive for tyres anyway.
stay well away from anything chrome they are rediculous and anything with multi colors like chrome and black looks shocking also.

as for your old tyres the factory wheels would be 17 x 8 or so wouldnt they? which means there probably wrapped in 235 bubbles anyway, 235's on a 9in is fine man **** we stretch 215's on 9's and 235's on 10inches on our race car.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Yeah I def won't get anything with chrome, hate it. Lol. And yeah the standards are 235's. At this point its not just a matter of what is best, its a matter of what is best out of what I can afford atm, lol. I'm purchasing from bob janes as they are running 400 days interest free which is the only way I can afford new rims atm. From any I hav looked at that I remotely like, they arnt available in 17x9's only 17x8's. So not ideal, but its that or damaged rims atm. Lol

dons vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ute
do you have to buy wheels from bob jane though?

and dude if you cant walk into a shop and pay cash for wheels then you cant really afford them as is can you hahaha.
up to you dude but look for something with a bit of dish as it will generally have a bit less positive offset than flat faced wheels.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Nope I cant afford rims. LOL. But like I said, damaged rims means I HAVE to buy some. LOL. My current cash flow wont be the same in 6months time so atm they are goin on interest free, but will be payed off well before the end of the 12 months, and getting 17's means im not wasting unnecesary $$ on new rubber when my current rubber is fine. I pick up a set of the PDW Fuzions rims above on monday (which have a small amount of Dish, more then the Mantis' anyway, haha). They shouldnt look to horrible and will do the required job for the time being. :)

BLK VT

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt commodore V6
Hey man i have a black Vt S pac with SSl king springs all round and i have a set of the ROH mantis in a shodow chrome on mine and i love the look of it, i don't think you can go wrong with them. i recon you should buy a set of them.