Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions wanted on an SV6

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
I'm with you on that, does anyone know exactly when the VE comes out, I was thinking if i can keep the VS til then the prices on second hand SV6's might drop more one can only hope..

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
The car yards are overflowing with them, I can't remember which Sydney paper it was but they had bout 7 SV6's all for $26,990..DAM! they are coming down, when VE hits you will be laughing mate. Prediction for VE release is around Aug/Sept. Unlike you I can't wait that long, I need to give back my loan car I been driving around for last 9 months. Owner is starting to wonder if he will get it back lol.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
ShanghaiVZ said:
And say hello to the VZ SERIES 2 :thumbsup:

there will be no series2 mate.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Hmmmm with the minor changes to the alloytec, the 6.0L replacing the gen3 seems like a perfect time for an update, let's wait and see.

molantz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 A5
Holden might just call it "06 Update" like the 05 update we had this year.

But then again they do need sales to keep up until the arrival of the mighty VE!

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Here's some details, the alloytec has a minor power drop in the 175kW to 172kW, BUT the 190kW stays as is, except in Adventra (188) although torque drops alittle also to 335Nm in 190kW but stays at 320Nm for 172kW. Hmmmm. Ute S and SS will be available in Devil Yellow and the 6.0L sadly doesn't get DOD (displacement on demand) :(

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
If thats the only difference then I'll settle for 05 model gotta be cheaper and the 06, now if the Sv6 was available in yellow devil then that might change my mind I love that colour..

benzor

yawn :(
Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6!
The most likely drop in power from the 175 is that holden have added another 2 cats, like the sv6.

B

Bunsen

Went to the summernats in my sv6 5/05 model,, i filled up out the other side of canberra & then put $20 in it in geelong. so got me home in less then a tank. hope that helps. :)

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
I've been looking around at SV6 prices and have found 04 models with low kms for 27k, is the few extras on the updated 05 model worth paying the extra money for the cheapest 05 I've found is 32k..
I want an 05 model but my missus pointed the above out to me the other day so I thought I'd ask.. If it's not really worth it ill go for an 04 model and save 5grand..

Cheers,

Wayne