Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Opinions wanted on an SV6

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
ShanghaiVZ said:
It's a beautiful example, one owner ex-principal's car from a posh Grammar school in QLD. I have so much gear to play with in this Calais, I don't know where to start. :) As for the value dropping, this time round I don't give a stuff :D will be years before I look again, you think the Calais's drop bigtime, I feel sorry for the Statesman/Caprice owners, you can get an 02 WH2 Caprice for under 23k these days :b:

Congrats mate. Mine's January '04 as well, but a V8. I bought it new. So far (according to Redbook) it's cost me about $20K in depreciation... Not too bad I suppose. As you say - it could be much worse.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
Time is getting closer for me to go looking for the SV6 I'd like to start getting a list of known problems and stuff I should really look closely at..
I looked at the 2 last weeks and they both had gutter rash on the left front and rear rims..
Fuel Gauge..
Glove box lid alignment..
Scrapes under front spoiler..

Cheers,

Wayne

Last edited:

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
Wayne, it's going to be a miracle finding one WITHOUT the gutter gashes on the front spoiler, the Calais I brought coped the same treatment, but a front bar re-spray is on the cards, haven't got the glovebox problem thou. Obviously the moron who had car before couldn't park it either.

TI0350

Reaction score
Website
www.kts350.com.au
Members Ride
White S2 LX Captiva Diesel
yeah I pretty much thought finding one without a scrape under the front would be imposible...
I've that there are a few more cheaper 2004 models out there, I think with Holden trying to off load the 2005 plated cars now I may able to get a bargin..

V

VX_KN079

ShanghaiVZ said:
and the 6.0L sadly doesn't get DOD (displacement on demand) :(

Oh it will in the VE mate :)

Holden are really going to be trying to do EVERYTHING right with the VE... They have to as more and more sales are slipping to European models. VE will be for this decade what the VT/VX was for the 90's (only MUCH MUCH better)

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
that would be nice!!!

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
VX_KN079 said:
Oh it will in the VE mate :)

I knew that :p with the ever changing euro emissions holden didnt have the time to fit out the L76 with the DOD technology. EVERYTHING, as you put it rests on VE.

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
Congrats Shang - sounds like you did OK Mate! ;)