Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Options Menu?

dd2417

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina 3.6L
Hi all, I have just joined this site today to ask this question. I know this may be a dumb question, but I would like to know how to access the menu where you can change the cars settings. To be specific, I want to enable "approach lighting", "egress lighting" and "beep remote lock", as they are named in the VE. I've had a look online and have chatted to a few friends and they have said it is through the options menu in the dashboard(?). There's just one thing… My VY Executive Series II didn't come with a drivers manual, and I can't find one online. I've tried clicking "Mode" on the trip computer but I haven't found anything. Is this stuff for Calais and Statesman/Caprice only? The other day at Mobil a guy pulled up in a VY SS Ute and had something that seemed like "egress lighting", then when he unlocked it the lights came on, like "approach lighting". Then yesterday at the shopping centre some old lady parked up next to me in a VY Lumina and the horn chirped when she locked it. Any answers will be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

matt_sv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 M6
Press and hold the "mode" button and turn key. No need to start the car.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
Turn the key to ignition wait for menu message to come up on dash, then just push the up or down button on the trip computer switch panel.