Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR CAI for VE SV6

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
will take you're ecu awhile to adapt to the changed airflow also, I found after around a month my car really started getting good economy.

k3v0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Any pictures mate?

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
with the heatshield, you have drill holes in the engine bay??? do you have any pics??? that would be great, cheers mate :)

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
The only real way to "guarentee" that all these CAI's and whatever everyone keeps talking about "are better and actually give more power" is to basically do this:

VCM Suite.......... Do a few runs with the stock setup. Monitor the IAT temps and see what the G's are for the airflow coming in read by the maf are.

If the IAT temps are lower and the airflow g's is higher then stock (at the various rpms)......... then yes it's "better".

When someone posts some real proofed technical results ...... I'll stick with the two hole mode myself.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
bigdaddy i dynoed my car with the stock intake verse the air hammer and gained 4.5rwkws more accurate then the method you've proposed but also note there is no "two hole mod" for the VE and the air hammer wontt fit the vz.

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
bigdaddy i dynoed my car with the stock intake verse the air hammer and gained 4.5rwkws more accurate then the method you've proposed but also note there is no "two hole mod" for the VE and the air hammer wontt fit the vz.

Yeh bigdaddytoolbag, put your car on a dyno and post up the results instead of sprouting **** about how much you know and how your car has 240Kw estimated by how it feels. FYI peeps, this guy also thought that by painting his engine covers with heatproof paint it made it feel like it had more power. WTF!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...2004-2006/113942-painted-engine-bay-pics.html

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
lol it's a well known fact he's clueless you should ee some of his posts on the vcm forum.

he has an exec which doesn't have cam phasing on the exhaust cams yet claims it gots better when he modifys the exhaust cam timing in vcm suite.

ve_alloytec

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
for me the two hole mod looks doggy, ill stick with the airhammer thanks