Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR CAI for VE SV6

Danoz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 06 Exec
lol it's a well known fact he's clueless you should ee some of his posts on the vcm forum.

he has an exec which doesn't have cam phasing on the exhaust cams yet claims it gots better when he modifys the exhaust cam timing in vcm suite.

hahahah figures! :blah blah:

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
i've had the airhammer on my car for a week and already noticing better economy and tad more power and response. Wasn't too hard to install, i took the front bumper off and cut a hole in it as well to give better air flow. The front bumper took the most time taking off bc i didn't want to scratch it or anything. Took me about 2 hours but was cooking a bbq and drinking, so prob could have done it in a hour.

Edit: Cost me $363 including postage from the airhammer site, and had a quote from a local to buy and install for $450, easy choice when its not that hard to DIY.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
i've had the airhammer on my car for a week and already noticing better economy and tad more power and response. Wasn't too hard to install, i took the front bumper off and cut a hole in it as well to give better air flow. The front bumper took the most time taking off bc i didn't want to scratch it or anything. Took me about 2 hours but was cooking a bbq and drinking, so prob could have done it in a hour.

Edit: Cost me $363 including postage from the airhammer site, and had a quote from a local to buy and install for $450, easy choice when its not that hard to DIY.

mate JUST be careful with cutting your bumper for more air, its alright if you live in warm places, but a decent rain + puddle and water will get into the pod filter, its happened to me before and I haven't cut any holes. Same with dust, but thats more if you live in the outback

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
myself i wouldn't cut the hole like the instructions say it wont make a difference.

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
mate JUST be careful with cutting your bumper for more air, its alright if you live in warm places, but a decent rain + puddle and water will get into the pod filter, its happened to me before and I haven't cut any holes. Same with dust, but thats more if you live in the outback

where i cut it, with or without the hole it water would still get to the pod. I know about the big puddles, with how high its off the ground i highly doubt it will get in, if i could b fked taking the front bumper off again i'd take a picture of it

sheepz

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6 manual
myself i wouldn't cut the hole like the instructions say it wont make a difference.

how would it not make a difference ? where the hole is cut, the air comes more direct into the pod.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
because the air volume flowing through there is already ample for the v6.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
where i cut it, with or without the hole it water would still get to the pod. I know about the big puddles, with how high its off the ground i highly doubt it will get in, if i could b fked taking the front bumper off again i'd take a picture of it

ok fair enough mate! Just checking

Tejwansh

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE international my9.5
Hi Everyone

I have a VE V6 International with a Alloytec 3.6L Engine.
I was thinking of putting an CAI in.

Is it worth it and if yes which one would you guys suggest ?

Thank YOU