Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR CAI/Mafless Tune & Insurance

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
the story is i spoke to the head guy who does the emissions test for rta nsw cant go any higher i put a ls2 in a vl and he said i dont need to have a maf if it passes the test there is no issue i will say again came straight out of hes mouth

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Of course it doesnt matter why would it? It rather passes emissions or it doesnt, the whole point im making is that a mafless tune isnt gonna make it fail.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
Kia turbo + Holden badge, Chev badge in Texas
the story is i spoke to the head guy who does the emissions test for rta nsw cant go any higher i put a ls2 in a vl and he said i dont need to have a maf if it passes the test there is no issue i will say again came straight out of hes mouth

i mean how come you are getting a test done for the engine change.......is it cause you want mafless? and the engineer wont sign off like this? or what. That is the story I want.

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
He's putting an LS2 in a VL...

Or do you mean strictly from an EPA point of view? Guess its a valid point but i think they EPA any big engine change like that. Hrm.

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
He's putting an LS2 in a VL...

Or do you mean strictly from an EPA point of view? Guess its a valid point but i think they EPA any big engine change like that. Hrm.

I do not know anybody who has done an EPA test for an engine change in NSW, that is why I am interested. AFAIK if ur car has a rego history, but now unregistered, then what you need is a blue slip. To get this blue slip you MAY need an engineers certificate if you have modded the car. An LS2 has already been emissions tested and passed. So is the test required because the donk is now modded and bloke cannot find an engineer to sign off on it? Is his mafless the reason the engineer wont sign off?

I am not dying to know, just curious why get the EPA test.

vp5lute

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp5lt
my engineer said i had to get epa test it has rego still i rang 3 engineers and they all said it had to past epa test. engineer epa both said mafless doesn't matter both said should help
now i can go drive it till next rego but if mr cops pulls me over then i'm gone

yxyx64

Reaction score
Members Ride
my engineer said i had to get epa test it has rego still i rang 3 engineers and they all said it had to past epa test. engineer epa both said mafless doesn't matter both said should help
now i can go drive it till next rego but if mr cops pulls me over then i'm gone

Hmmm..OK. That is pretty much the same as your post read earlier. Thanks.