Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OTR MAF tune vs OTR no tune

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Thanks but it says in the listing that The Speedmaster™ OTR is suitable for VT-VE SS, GTS, GTO, Monaro and it's able to use your factory MAF sensor or adapt to MAFLESS.

That's why I want it because I want to use my MAF and then later on get the tune.

Well for under $180 delivered I cant go wrong lol

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
If it is crap for $180 then all you are doing is throwing $180 away, it does look like the filter has a limited surface area.

Hopefully the filter is a quality unit as I have noticed my x-air gets very dirty, so if the filter is crap you risk crap in your engine.

SS60NV

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
holden
Yeah I will change the filter for a K&N filter kit so I can clean it.

Thanks

tris909

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS and dirty old rodeo
I own a VZ SS manual 5.7 and run a RAMJET OTR with MAF, very nice fit too. Best to stick with MAF for more accurate fueling resolution at high rpm. Previously the car made 202rwkw , bolt on exhaust and OTR did a tune and 252rwkw with no cam.

Last edited:

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
That is a good result. My car had 193rwkw pre-tune with only extractors and exhaust just under 240rwkw post tune, but it has issues with the springs I need to sort then retune for higher rev limit.