Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

(over)lowering = worse handling.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
Thats not even close to what he said
So being "slammed on it's guts" with 4 degrees of negative camber and **** loads of toe can only do good things to the handling then?

I'd like to be proven otherwise.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
So being "slammed on it's guts" with 4 degrees of negative camber and **** loads of toe can only do good things to the handling then?

I'd like to be proven otherwise.

No one said that, you're just being a douche and taking things out of context... :thumbsup:

Demoniak

Like a pig in kaakaa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE 6.0 SS Ute, 02 VX II SS Sedan
ultra low = ultra low IQ.

even on my imports i would only use tein streets..
I hate feeling every leaf on the road with a shitty suspension setup.
20-30mm max IMO for lowering.

TMM

OEM+
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina S2
No one said that, you're just being a douche and taking things out of context... :thumbsup:
I wasn't aware that "sitting on it's guts" had an alternate context.

It's pretty black and white as far as i'm concerned... "on guts"/"slammed" = set sail for fail. That's what this thread is about, isn't it? People trying to defend ultra low springs just because they like the slammed look is besides the point.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
I wasn't aware that "sitting on it's guts" had an alternate context.

It's pretty black and white as far as i'm concerned... "on guts"/"slammed" = set sail for fail. That's what this thread is about, isn't it? People trying to defend ultra low springs just because they like the slammed look is besides the point.

Ok, I'll try explain it to you once, like a few others have tried...

Since you brought up Sails - therefore Boats, I'll put in a way you might be able to follow.

Standard height Commodore = Handles like a 30' Boat.
Super Uber Low Commodore = Handles like a 35' Boat.

At best its still a cruiser/family wagon. If you buy one with intentions of it being a race car you're going to crash it no matter what height it is. Sitting on its guts/Slammed/Standard height.

If you lower your car to your own personal tastes ie. Visual appearances, you usually have enough common sense to know that excessively reduced suspension travel is always going to affect your cars performance in an adverse manner. So thats when the good ol' saying "driving within your and your cars limits" comes into play.

Just because your car is slammed/dumped on its guts etc doesn't mean its just going to rotate 90* while travelling along at 110km/hr causing little Johnny and his family to suffer a fate worse than living their live's in a standard height commodore.