Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Overtly Rich!

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
The old AFM was already on its last legs, it made both my car and my mates VL run like ****. The new AFM went fine in his car, but mine is rich like I say. The ECU is showing fault code #12 - air mass meter. The unit itself is fine like I say, i wonder if the plug or circuit could be screwed?

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Check the wiring and the connection/contacts. If you have some contact cleaner handy use that. Common problem on VL AFM plugs.

Jake.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Cleaning and fiddling diddnt make a difference, even re-wired the plug in the hope it was a broken wire within its insulation. No dice. This is getting me cranky...

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Well I'm stumped, I understand the cranky feeling. Im known to put holes in the garage wall with 12mm open enders

What about your o2 sensor?

When in doubt, get a professional to look at it, even if they do charge like a wounded bull.

Hope you work it out

Jake.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Wonders of the RB20E - no 02 sensor, as they were origionally a leaded fuel car.
I wonder if I can screw the AA out of something that might help...

Thanks for your help anyway Jake, I'll letcha know how I get on.

OSL-060

Banned
Reaction score
Wonders of the NZ RB20

My HR31 had an o2 sensor.

Jake.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
just out of curiosity, what do your spark plugs looked like, fouled to the shthouse?

if the fuel aint burning it'll just be pouring out the back.. plugs, leads and the like.

jetspin_vn

JetSpin Racing Team
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN GTS
Well in latest news I replaced the entire part of the loom that runs to the AMS. Good news, the car runs better and cleaner! Bad news, its got a hell slut of a miss in it! Prolly just a dirty plug from the dirty dirty running of the week past. But as yet I cannot be bothered pulling the plugs to look at em. Besides, the olds have gone away and left me the VP so this intrepid reporter is not too annoyed.

Mike.