Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

oxygen sensor wires too short

ray bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE REDLINE
Replaced my two pre cat sensors on my redline SSV ute with NTK sensors and #2 bank was ok but the wire on the #1 bank was short with no slack at all and was unable to get a bit of slack in the loom but the sensor that I replaced was almost the same , is this how they all are, was almost going to lengthen the wire but thought twice about it . cheers Ray

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Replaced my two pre cat sensors on my redline SSV ute with NTK sensors and #2 bank was ok but the wire on the #1 bank was short with no slack at all and was unable to get a bit of slack in the loom but the sensor that I replaced was almost the same , is this how they all are, was almost going to lengthen the wire but thought twice about it . cheers Ray
Are you running the factory exhaust?
Harness extensions are available for aftermarket exhausts which re-positioned the cats further downstream.
Or you could try genuine Bosch sensors.

ray bear

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V UTE REDLINE
Are you running the factory exhaust?
Harness extensions are available for aftermarket exhausts which re-positioned the cats further downstream.
Or you could try genuine Bosch sensors.
Thank you I have only just worked it out that the Bosch are considerably longer, Repco had a clearance sale on the KTN sensors for $50 so I jumped in without doing my homework, I will look for the extensions or maybe extend mine and yes the redline has the stainless Malloo system on it from new . Thanks for the reply Ray

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thank you I have only just worked it out that the Bosch are considerably longer, Repco had a clearance sale on the KTN sensors for $50 so I jumped in without doing my homework, I will look for the extensions or maybe extend mine and yes the redline has the stainless Malloo system on it from new . Thanks for the reply Ray
There's probably a good reason Repco are clearing stock of NTK sensors.

Sam6oych!p

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute series 1
Went through the same drama.. two different codes for sensors of either 30mm or 40mm.. I just needed one 40mm for passenger side pre cat.. retarded
Longer one was cheaper too !?

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
best source for a bosch O2? and best price

Sam6oych!p

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Ute series 1
best source for a bosch O2? and best price
I just went through Veals here in WA.. not as cheap as online but good to have a conversation with a human. They took back the shorter one and swapped it for the longer no drama.. order before 0800 and get it by 1200.. PEC or Holmart are decent online, just need the correct part number. 40mm lead is the one