Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

OZY OZY OZY ROO's!!

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
Their should be a video ref in soccer and if anyone is caught doing a bullshit dive give them a red the other team a penalty shot at goal. they need to get tougher on the players that dive. At the moment theres to much incentive for the bastards to cheat. If they knew they could lose their team the game they'd think twice about diving.

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
It was either viduka or kewel who got hit in the face at full pelt from a penaty kick at goal and they didn't even flinch. It was when they were standing there in a line and protecting the family jewels LOL

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
video reffing is alot easier said than done...had we no replays, there would be no cause for uproar as noone would know whether they dived or not coz you wont be able to watch 53 times in sssssssuuuuuppeeerrr ssslllloooowwww mmmmoooooo......

gumbs

Spoon?
Reaction score
Members Ride
Jap Crap dreaming of an LS1
Yeh but whats stopping them from stopping the game for a few seconds go to the video ref its normally pretty easy to tell after the first view if they faked give the other team the penalty. Or even a post match review and anyone caught to be faking gets penalised and suspended for a game or two. WOuldn't stop players going for it in the final though.

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
true, but its the same as trying to implement it in any other sport, it is removing the use for umpires/refs in general...
try this scenario tho... a player goes down in the box and the ref calls a penalty, a different player takes the penalty and its converted and the team wins 1-0, a video review finds that the player did in fact dive. do you disallow the goal, rob the TEAM of a win, and completely disregard the refs judgement...or let the goal stand, red card the offending player and reprimand the ref? i cant see it benefiting the game...

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
With all the hype before the game the egyptian ref was coming down hard on any Aussie that went in for a tackle that ended with a man on the ground. The Japanese coach was smart enough to get into his head through the media & influence the decisions in the first half hour of play. While it is good on a coaching viewpoint, to see so many crap decisions from some bad acting really puts the refereeing of the game into question.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
im a huge fan of football, i love the game, live for the game, which is anoying as football doesnt have a huge following in australia.

good on the aussies i say, well done, yay, but at the same time, im disapointed in their game, they did play nasty there at times, which im not impressed at, but then again, it's the world cup, totaly different type of game.

i have a prediction, we wont beat brazil, but we will keep them at bay. im going 1:1 for my score

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
Ive got an idea for actors, instead of stopping play or using a video ref. make the consequenses personal, for example, after the game come out with the tazer...

_Mukas_

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
Garth said:
im a huge fan of football, i love the game, live for the game, which is anoying as football doesnt have a huge following in australia.

dont worry, we wont hold that against ya ;) what about AFL? REAL football :yeah:

Garth said:
i have a prediction, we wont beat brazil, but we will keep them at bay. im going 1:1 for my score
i reckon we will need to be a hell of a lot tighter in the back half if we are to keep brazil at bay, we looked pretty sloppy at times on monday night. although emerton played a good game, he isnt a defender and if guus is gonna stick him down there against brazil i reckon well get flogged. should be entertaining though...