Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate fell off, Need advice

flat6

Reaction score
Hi all

Last Sunday i was pulled over by two cops for some random reason, anyway they give me a breath test and all is good, but they notice that the p plate on my back window has fallen off, after kindly arguing with them for 10 minutes, they book me for $110 and 3 points, thus ive lost my license now over this bullsh!t :(

It was 9pm at night, I wouldnt of been able to see it fall off.. (its one of those static ones you can only see from one side), they took photos and you can easily see it was stuck there earlier.. I cant believe they did me over this, money hungry bastards..

But really, It's not the money, its my license... :(

I've rang them up and requested the photos, they refuse to give them to me :S I need to see these photos...

What can i do?

What will happen if i cant get out of this? ( i had 2 points left)

Cheers

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
fight it in court.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I believe there is nothing you can do, take it to court maybe the judge will show leniency. But at the end of the day its your fault for not making sure the p plate was attached in a manner that it would stay attached. Hard luck mate :(

As for what will happen, well you will lose your licence for 3 months.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
You shouldn't have argued.. you should never argue with the jacks, surprisingly if you act like a fully sick arse arguing with them they're not going to give a **** about your circumstances.. treat them with respect and they won't be out to get you!

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Juzza said:
You shouldn't have argued.. you should never argue with the jacks
Sage advice. 9 out of 10 police persons are more than reasonable if you co-operate with them.

But in your case, with so many points already...

If it were a first or second offence you might have gotten away with it.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Yer pretty much arguing aint gonna get you anywhere. The onus is fully on you to make sure that your Ps are on there like glue so a bullshit situation like this doesnt happen. Thats tuff luck mate.

flat6

Reaction score
I wasnt arguing as such, i simply explained to him that i had stuck it on before leaving and due to it being cold it must of just peeled off with out me noticing, they pulled me up like 5kms from my home. so i really had the time to fix it :(

Because your a p plater, they treat you as if your black...

If i go on the 3 month suspension, will i receive my 5 points back at the end of 3 months?

Does it affect the duration of when i get off my p's??

I lost 3 points around 8 months ago for being caught 20kms over the limit on the eastern freeway (melb)

cheers

kurtbarker

Reaction score
yeah that sucks mate, i'm kinda doing the dodgy with my P's at the minute, so I hope you don't mind, but i'd like to ask a relating question

Besides getting one of the stick it on the windscreen plates, I have no where for the front one [have one on the back]. So i'm using a long bottle to hold the plate against the window. From the outside it looks perfect, would come off however if I did a really forceful turn.

If I was pulled up by the cops and they saw that, even tho it's clearly visable from the outside, could they get me for how it is held there?

dephilile

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S2
even if you take it to court and win, i think you still lose the points don't you? i remember seeing something on today tonight a while back where people were taking things to court and winning but still losing points.