Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P plate fell off, Need advice

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
mate no offence but you were probably a smart ass or theyve seen your record and decided to kick your ass. If you lost your lic for just thart then you already had racked up some points for other offences and obv do for doing 120km down the freeway and musta been some other things.

A year ago I turned right where i wasnt sposed to...didnt know the area and honestly didnt see the no turn right sign. My missus had driven my car to where we went, and i drove home and forgot to put rear p plate up and said exactly that and he let me off with a warning. Also let me off with a warning for the right turn as he saw I didnt live anywhere near the location it happened.

i think any points u lose come back 3 years after the offence p plates or otherwise. I know if you get your lic suspended within the first year, you get 10 months extra plus the additional time it was suspended for. EG 3 months susp = 10 +3 = 13 months :) dunno if its changed now tho

Your attitude and previous record will always play a massive part in how nice a copper wants to be over a minor offence

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
This is why mine is screwed under my number plate. Front and back. No chance in hell that those things are coming off until they get taken off...

Keepleft

Mot Adv-NSW
Reaction score
flat6 said:
Hi all

Last Sunday i was pulled over by two cops for some random reason, anyway they give me a breath test and all is good, but they notice that the p plate on my back window has fallen off, after kindly arguing with them for 10 minutes,

DON'T argue with police, they have all the resources of the 'state' behind them. In your driving life you *must* be stealthy. Meaning you must not in anyway give the state REASON to stop you going about your own private and personal business when you are driving.

they book me for $110 and 3 points, thus ive lost my license now over this bullsh!t :(

Yup!

It was 9pm at night, I wouldnt of been able to see it fall off.. (its one of those static ones you can only see from one side), they took photos and you can easily see it was stuck there earlier.. I cant believe they did me over this, money hungry bastards..

As much as you hate this, AND I agree with your frustration IF you are honest that in fact it did fall off as stated, you must understand police hear every excuse like this under the sun, seriously every single day they are on patrol . .

But really, It's not the money, its my license... :(

Yes, true, but $$ are ever important too, even the rich hate giving $$ to the state!

I've rang them up and requested the photos, they refuse to give them to me :S I need to see these photos...
What can i do?

Why do you need their photographs? IF the watermark stain is on the glass as you say, take your own photographs. Do NOT try and make one, you can be found out in image discrepency

What will happen if i cant get out of this? ( i had 2 points left)
If your record is clear, and you'd like to try and keep it this way, you can but explain this to the magistrate and plead for leniency. Ring and ask to see a chamber magistrate, do so - and discuss this with him/her.

A note: NSW is I understand going to 'toughen-up' P Plate display requirements, with even greater penalty application, I know some employees support 'instant' loss of license for this. They seek to keep the graduated license system at full integrity.

Clixanup wrote: "The answers are all here: http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrne/...10042874A?"

Australia is a nation of sovereign states, what applies in Victoria will not necessarily apply interstate.

Last edited:

clixanup

Has Left
Reaction score
Keepleft said:
Australia is a nation of sovereign states, what applies in Victoria will not necessarily apply interstate.
Yeah I know. Lived here all my life. Studied some history of the place too.

If you paid attention though, you would have noticed that the original poster is from Victoria. Keeping that in mind, I pointed him to the Vicroads website for the answers he sought. At no stage did I say that these rules would apply to everyone. It was a direct answer to the original poster, nothing more.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
When my mate lost his license, he elected to choose to keep his license on the condition that if he lost any more demerit points in a 12 month period he recieved twice the suspension period.
So you can retain your license, just you cant loose any points for 12 months or you loose your license for (in your case) 8 months.
AirStrike :air:

flat6

Reaction score
zandahar said:
mate no offence but you were probably a smart ass or theyve seen your record and decided to kick your ass. If you lost your lic for just thart then you already had racked up some points for other offences and obv do for doing 120km down the freeway and musta been some other things.

Mate, you'll get to learn that these guys can be assholes when ever they feel like it or have a shitty day, I honestly wasnt being a smart arse, I really didnt say much other than it had fallen off and kept it pritty simple.

sometimes they let you off, sometimes they dont.. Just depends on the cop you get.

My record is quite clean, the fine i got 8 months ago, he asked me what my excuse was, i said.. no excuse, paid the $220 and that was that.

Either way, i dun care, 3 months and i get all my points back which should give me some headroom untill i remove these evil letters from my car.

Honestly the system is a raught, i know some of you's must be cops but hey, you's would know best no?

zandahar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTSS 5L
if people didnt do **** wrong in the first place they would have to bitch about why the system is wrong now would they :) I'm no saint but at least I cop it on the chin when I do something wrong

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
id say stiff **** and stop sooking. i always made sure mine was never going to fall off. its not that hard.

why you were down to your last points? i dont know, i can only assume the police picked on your poor soul for something else that of course was totally not your fault.

get a bike buddy.

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
The stick on P plates WILL stay on the windows, if the windows is free from grime. and the P plate is also free of grime. I suggest washing the P plate in warms soapy water and wash the window as well. Allow both to dry thoroughly and then stick the P plate on, pressing out air bubbles as you go. The P plate Will not come off easily if you follow these steps. I had a set of these on my car when I had P plates and they stayed on for 3 years without an issue. :p

I was once driving the work vehicle and I didn't have my plates up. I was a couple of km's above the speed limit. the copper gave me a choice of paying the $110 fine and losing a point for speeding, or a $100 fine with no points taken off for the P plates not being displayed. I took the $100 fine and didn't lose any points, That was a couple of years ago when you had 12 points on P plates, but the laws have changed a bit since then for P platers. :whistling

Just_Ice

Reaction score
flat6 said:
Because your a p plater, they treat you as if your black...

Please explain this comment, I am very interested in what you have to say..