Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Plate VX Commodore - First Car

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
CV8's will make that thing look awesome mate, already looks like it's going to eat me. Kinda looks like what Mad Max might drive in the new movie.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
@666-GMH lol, yeah just checked your thread out and seen the bags, I used to use the JC app, and couldnt get all the way to the end of your thread before. How much did the enitre set up cost you? And do you think its better to go that way rather than springs?

@MikeCuzzy Lol! at Mad Max. Cheers lol. Im gunna buy a set of cv8rs in the next week or so for around $1000

Ill try find some pics of what the car first looked like to give yous an idea.

Thanks!!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Mate respect just went up about 10 notches. That car was all over the shop, I'm assuming the drive train is in good nick?

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
New pics are up of what it first looked like

fatboyslim_youvecome.jpg

"Praise you like I shouuuuuuuld" :thumbsup: good work mate.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Cheers, thanks guys!

@MikeCuzzy yeah the drivetrain is pretty good, as far as i know anyway. Due for a service in a few thousand kms. Only thing ive really had to do regarding the engine is replace the engine mounts, but its not internal components and just check fluids each week. Because my parents had it before me and didn't flog it, and they bought it from a reputable dealer with logboo etc, everythings pretty good and I know most of the cars history. Im not sure what might start to fail on it soon though, like unsure of rough lifespan of certain components.

Thanks for your comments guys

Sphinx

O.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais II LS1
tidy VX mate.. smacks of potential!

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Cheers, thanks guys!

@MikeCuzzy yeah the drivetrain is pretty good, as far as i know anyway. Due for a service in a few thousand kms. Only thing ive really had to do regarding the engine is replace the engine mounts, but its not internal components and just check fluids each week. Because my parents had it before me and didn't flog it, and they bought it from a reputable dealer with logboo etc, everythings pretty good and I know most of the cars history. Im not sure what might start to fail on it soon though, like unsure of rough lifespan of certain components.

Thanks for your comments guys

Which components are you worried about in particular, my VT is at 467,000km, I should be able to give you rough ideas on lifespans of most parts mate :)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
tidy VX mate.. smacks of potential!

Potential? lol, this thing has been worked on pretty hard I would say that it's potential has nearly been fulfilled.

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
@Sphink - Cheers!

@MikeCuzzy - Holy crap!! I hope mine gets to that many kms!! Im not really sure about parts, because im not really mechanically minded so I dont really know much about the parts within the motor, but what could i expect to be on its way out shortly?

@Delish-VY - Lol! haha. Except for the motor, which I may do when Im of my Ps, if i think its worth it lol.

Thanks!!