Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P-Plate VX Commodore - First Car

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Quick update:

• Couple more pics up of the interior with the blue (see first post). Will upload some more later on.
• Ordered the Cv8r wheels! Should be on the car next week hopefully or the week after
• Oil change and filter change on the weekend :)

CV8 Wheels :D

vxxx873

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 vx exec
i think im definately going to give it a crack myself then, i did how ever buy my LED conversion from ebay although from a good and trusted seller im hoping the quality of them is quite good. the white needles are another nice little idea i might have to pinch some for mine. cheers for the useful little tips mate! get some flicks up of the cv8r's asap!

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
i think im definately going to give it a crack myself then, i did how ever buy my LED conversion from ebay although from a good and trusted seller im hoping the quality of them is quite good. the white needles are another nice little idea i might have to pinch some for mine. cheers for the useful little tips mate! get some flicks up of the cv8r's asap!

Thats the way mate - good to give it a go anyway. I know who your talking about on ebay and that should be good because you dont have to muck around trying to find out what the globes are. If you get stuck and cant figure out wherethe globes go, give us a yell and ill give you a hand. good luck with it :)

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Payed $1100 for the cv8s through 'Payless Tyres'. Jeff was really helpful and they should be here shortly. Comes with centre caps, nuts and locking nuts with 12 month warranty! :)

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Pics as soon as they are on!

Hope they turn out good mate :)

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Pics as soon as they are on!

Hope they turn out good mate :)

Will do!! Cant wait lol

I hopw they turn out good to! lol

Next plans are:

Lower it around 50mm
Set up custom sub install - thinking two twelves sitting behind where the taillights are and then an amp under perspex or something similar (maybe)

brodsta22

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
that's a really nice car man! :)
did you do the blue led lights yourself or was it professionally done?

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
that's a really nice car man! :)
did you do the blue led lights yourself or was it professionally done?

Hey man,

Cheers! Thanks heaps - appreciate it. I did the blue LEDs myself everywhere except for in the window switches. It was with quite limited knowledge to :)

Cheers

SookyTurner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Cv8rs came today!!! :)

Will be on the car on monday and will post pics when I give it a wash.

next things to do are

- Custom boot install (two 12s behind the taillights and amp either in perspex or up against the fold out seat), if anyones got some more info about this sorta stuff itd be great
- Lower it
- Alarm system
- Comprehenisvely insure it instead of third party property. Im not sure who the best guys are to go through, and dont wanna spend bucketloads in a premium so if you have any advice it would be great.

Cheers

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Cv8rs came today!!! :)

Will be on the car on monday and will post pics when I give it a wash.

next things to do are

- Custom boot install (two 12s behind the taillights and amp either in perspex or up against the fold out seat), if anyones got some more info about this sorta stuff itd be great
- Lower it
- Alarm system
- Comprehenisvely insure it instead of third party property. Im not sure who the best guys are to go through, and dont wanna spend bucketloads in a premium so if you have any advice it would be great.

Cheers

I'm guessing you're about my age (20). At our age, there's no bloody hope of getting good deals, just less worse. You location says Inverell, which the middle of no-where, so your premium shouldn't be tooo high. I'm with Allianz, as they are linked with my bank and it's easier to combine the lot. For you, you'll be in an interesting place. As all your mods will be a bitch to actually insure, you may be better just having an agreed value that is high, but of course that'll drive up the premium.

NRMA are useless and will overcharge like nothing else. You can try:
https://www.thebuzzinsurance.com.au/

Newish company, backed by IAG - so you'll be safe.

Others you can try would be Shannons, Allianz like me - they aren't terrible. Don't have experience with many others.