Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and High Performance cars.....

P Platers

• Allowed High Perfomance Cars

Votes: 266 47.7%
  • Not Allowed High Performance Cars

Votes: 223 40.0%
  • Allowed them, but not allowed to drive/licence them

Votes: 50 9.0%
  • Im not a P plater, nor do I Care

Votes: 51 9.1%

• Total voters

ProMaX

Make way!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
04 VZ SS Impulse Blue Ute
Matty081 said:
I think I made a post a while back and I put p-platers at the brunt of the arguement. I think the point is that p-platers, generally, have not had the hands on experience in many cases. I guess I was wrong to imply that, as even I grew up driving dattos and valiants in the gravel tracks around where we lived.

Anyway... more to the point. Would I be right in assuming that 99% of peoples opinions seem to have the conclusion that "inexperienced", (not so much p-platers), should not be aloud to drive high performance vehicles??
End of rant.

Matthew

as pointed out before, why does everyone get "experience" and "ability" mixed up

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
because in a general respect, if you have experience, you are more able.
the two go hand in hand.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i have 'experienced' lots of sex, however my 'ability' to have it is limited significantly.

DOes that help, maybe a little?

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
summernats2010 said:
ok i'm 36 and drive a vz cv8z monaro i hav done a driving course when i was very young and i think they should become compulsory for new and existing p platers and i don't beleive that p platers should be made do 90 or something where other people drive 100 because it makes them always in the way, also i don't beleive that high performance cars make that much of a difference, my mates v6 magna isn't really all that much slower than my car at all to get to 220kmh and his magna still has a fair bit to go probably capable of 230 235 or so and still p plate legal, see mey point, ok train people to be better drivers. ok i would rather my son doing 220 in my monaro rather than a magna cause i no that he has a better suspension system undreneath him, better brakes etc etc, really he has a car that was designed with 220 in mind where the 50 cent coin sized brakes on mates magna will have less hope of pulling him up in time, see my point, most low performnace cars today a capable of just on or just under 200
If my son was doing 220 in my monaro Ill kick his a**.
Yes any car no matter the power to weight will get up over 160, and banning high performance cars to the untrained will still result in deaths due to high speed. The problem is the d*ckheads that are doing excessive speed & racing on the streets. Until this mentality is gone from our roads none of us are safe. The government are looking at a scapegoat & at the moment they have decided to blame young people in high performance cars. Obviously they have some statistics to back this up. Reverse the trend & they will reverse the decision.

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
nope sorry.
Only thing i get out of that is implying your a slow learner. or in a wheelchair.
perhaps you'd care to explain further..

Matty081

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
perhaps im expecting people to learn from there mistakes / experience.
hence improving their ability.
maybe it's wrong for me to do so, sorry.

Cal.oz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nissan Pathfinder
all the **** about experience is bull. I probably had more experience and km under my belt on my L's than a lot of fully licenced drivers, I drove around australia twice while i was on my L's so because i have all these km and experience should i be allowed to drive a high performace car?

not that i care anymore cause i have my full licence :w00t:

just cause you have to drive around in a "low" performace car doesnt mean you wont right yourself off.

NOGEN 3

Reaction score
Members Ride
U do realise that this forum is predominately under 25's , dont u??
a poll on this subject is not going 2 give you an accurate result as such, isit?....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
Matty081 said:
nope sorry.
Only thing i get out of that is implying your a slow learner. or in a wheelchair.
perhaps you'd care to explain further..

it was a humorous example. i guess youre boring. well thats the implication i take from your words.

My point is that you can have experience in something, but lack on ability, or you can have the abilty to do something and lack the experience. Hell im a teacher, i do a damn good job of it. i have heaps of ability and little experience.
I know teachers who have been in the job 30 years, christ knows why they still have jobs because their ability to teach is shitful.

Surely the same can be said for drivers, i feel i have ability and in comparison little experience. my partner has plenty of driving experience but is unco as hell and scary to be with in the car - and it isnt because she is being an idiot behind the wheel, iguess its genetic make-up or something.