Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and High Performance cars.....

P Platers

• Allowed High Perfomance Cars

Votes: 266 47.7%
  • Not Allowed High Performance Cars

Votes: 223 40.0%
  • Allowed them, but not allowed to drive/licence them

Votes: 50 9.0%
  • Im not a P plater, nor do I Care

Votes: 51 9.1%

• Total voters

Potta9

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve r8 , B2600
nice blanket statement there.

care to prove that all p platers are dangerous drivers? with some decent real world facts and none of this "stats say that p platers are more likely to crash" bullshit because that means nothing when applied to the whole p plater group and you can't possibly believe and assume that all p platers are bad drivers. people are also more likely to crash in wet weather, does this mean that nobody should drive in the rain? nice knee jerk reaction/assumption there.

It's nice to know that in WA we have no laws that restrict p platers from driving high powered cars, and it comes up every now and again but it's constantly dismissed because "The State Government has decided against banning P-platers from driving high-performance vehicles after research found the move would be complex, costly and have little, if any, safety benefit. Victoria, Queensland, NSW and South Australia have laws banning novices from driving some vehicles, but C-MARC research fellow Peter Palamara said those States admitted the bans were based on community and political pressure, not evidence of a substantial problem or that it would reduce crashes."

Muscle-car bans for P-platers ruled out - The West Australian

simply put, knee jerk reactions from so called do gooders. too.

I never said p platers were bad drivers once. There is people with full licenses who shouldn't be allowed to drive as they're incompetent . What the whole point of my post is to say p platers are in experienced in the real life situation of driving and are more likely to lose control of a high performance vehicle. As for the real facts look the insurance costs and the statistics it makes it quiet clear .
Don't try to say that you're ready to drive something that is high horsepower because your not (even though it may be legal in W.A). Driving on the road is a much different situation than driving in a paddock or bush.

I'm not trying to take away Anyones fun the last 50 years of car crash statistics don't lie. btw I'm not some old do gooder I'm 21 and it wasn't so long ago that I was in your position.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Regardless of performance, I know I'd rather crash in a Maloo than a Yaris.

I wouldn't.. I'd take the yaris..

Guaranteed death vs. being a vegetable..

Haha.. Sorry being silly.. On saying that ANCAP is a friggin marketing ploy.. Read the speeds they test at.. Any car over 57kmh you are taking chances..

I analyze car accidents daily.. If I ever have to be in a massive accident.. I hope like hell I'm driving a Subaru.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I wouldn't.. I'd take the yaris..

Guaranteed death vs. being a vegetable..

Haha.. Sorry being silly.. On saying that ANCAP is a friggin marketing ploy.. Read the speeds they test at.. Any car over 57kmh you are taking chances..

I analyze car accidents daily.. If I ever have to be in a massive accident.. I hope like hell I'm driving a Subaru.

Me and my old mate went head first into a guard rail because he took a roundabout too fast in the wet, in a 1991 Mazda 121 "bubble" car. #### that hurt, but we were both lucky to walk away unhurt, just bruised to high hell.

The thing looked like a pancake. Still makes me wonder today how we didn't get out legs crushed or anything.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Laws are different in WA coz
a) its so far away
b) not as populated as east side

:D
sarcasm intended

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004

Is that your hobby or is it part of your job?
Why choose a Suby?

|

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
Is that your hobby or is it part of your job?
Why choose a Suby?
Haha a hobby.. Nah it's part of my job.. From all the data I have access to in general it looks like subaru's have higher resistances on their key structural components..

But in saying that aside from a few accidents when I was younger I'd like to stay major accident free for the rest of my life.. Car accidents don't generally extend your life expectancy, and fatalities are actually quite rare compare to the number of recorded accidents.. However I'll avoid em all the same.