Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and High Performance cars.....

P Platers

• Allowed High Perfomance Cars

Votes: 266 47.7%
  • Not Allowed High Performance Cars

Votes: 223 40.0%
  • Allowed them, but not allowed to drive/licence them

Votes: 50 9.0%
  • Im not a P plater, nor do I Care

Votes: 51 9.1%

• Total voters

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
The system has so many flaws, and so many upsides, yet it will solve half the problem. Despite laws saying you can't drive a high performance car, some people will defy the law, and others will flog the crap out of anything else they can get there hands on. Those who want to kill themselves will do so.

The system has flaws in the sense that a new V6 has more power than a stock 5litre. Go back to power to weight ratio? But no Turbo/Supercharger.

The system has an upside by removing the legal rights of some of the idiots out there to have a machine they are neither experienced enough to drive or mature enough to control.

It won't solve the problem of our ever increasing road toll, but that's not to say it hasn't done any good...

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
You cant stop stupid from being stupid only watch as he goes flying by .....

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
Soz just to be pc as he or she goes flying by ....

Bullet1

Green P's
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT SC S-Pack
I'm a red P - plater and today bought a supercharged VT s pack, i had a regular VT exec before and that feels like a slug compared to the s pack. I'm actually wondering if it was smart getting the s pack because the power isn't needed. I planted my foot and did a massive wheel spin around a corner and shat myself because it'd never happened in the exec. So Personally i don't see the need for P platers such as myself to be driving V8's or any turbo/supercharged 6 for that matter, because it just isn't needed. The laws here in WA haven't changed as far as im aware so we're still legally able to drives 8's and any modified engine.

Just my two cents worth but yeah.

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
it does hurt coming off bikes, i went into the trees in the bush one day at about 85 ks. how i didn't break anything i don't know.

but usually when you fall off at that speed on the road or faster, its pretty likely that you'll get badly messed up or die. my old man reckons it so if you are being stupid on a bike, you can only fit one person on the back, but your more likely just to be by yourself, but in a car getting egged on by 4 other people and lose it into a pole would be worse (more people get messed up)

its just a numbers game probably.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
got love high speed gravel rash .

LAP004

lifes-likethat
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp executive
I dont think that putting restrictions on wat a p plater can drive works. If the driver is an idiot there going to be a dick head in anything that they drive. I got my self in to more trouble in my dads 1990 nissan nivara petrol ute, then i ever did in my v6 commodore or my mates v8 or skyline. The biggest problem is the parants who buy there kids a brand new wrx wen they first get there ps. But where it gets bad this kid i know has writen off two wrx and his parants ran out and bought him the top of the rang wrx sti.

gav555666

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs series 2 HBD limited edition 035
what did you drive on your p's then?

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
you can speed in mighty boy and still hit a pole and die ..aint what you drive its how u drive it .......