Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Platers and High Performance cars.....

P Platers

• Allowed High Perfomance Cars

Votes: 266 47.7%
  • Not Allowed High Performance Cars

Votes: 223 40.0%
  • Allowed them, but not allowed to drive/licence them

Votes: 50 9.0%
  • Im not a P plater, nor do I Care

Votes: 51 9.1%

• Total voters

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
I drove stupidly when I first got my license, my mate had a head on with a cop @ 100kmph and almost died ( and almost went to prison ) I drove like a normal person after that.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
dont worry Dakster, i understand what you ment.

but its actually an awesome example. for exactly what you stated
reason being:
he wasnt experienced in the vehicle and was doing some driving.
its the same as a p plater getting behind the wheel. inexperienced and willing to push the limits.
and plenty more examples for comparison, but i dont want to go on. but just by looking into it, it's very easy to see.

even though he was one of the best, if not the best driver in the world, it goes to show that not everyone is safe on the roads.

yeah i misread your comment as being in defence of P platers, thats why i said it was a bad example. It proves that any combination of inexperience, conditions and overconfidence can result in tragedy, regardless of how good the driver thinks he is, or in Brockys case of course how genuinely good he was.

Despite all the flames by people who prefer to argue than discuss, the facts of the case were.. he was driving a car which wasnt suitable, he wasnt used to that particular car, he didnt know the road properly and he was jet lagged. They can pick on my bad memory all they like, I have a pretty hard head lol, but its kinda hard to deny the basic facts. ANYONE can get killed driving a car they arent used to, on a road they arent used to.. P platers just dont seem to understand that.

See, I can say all that without calling anyone a moron.... :) Another thing that comes with maturity...

Aaron ongbay

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs wagon
at the end of the day u wanna drive like a tool then prepare for the worst, restricters to me is a joke u should be aloud to drive any thing. 4 cylinders not good I live in the country some 4"s can"t handle the roads cars should never be underestimated they are extremely dangerous only drive if u feel confident to do so

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
at the end of the day u wanna drive like a tool then prepare for the worst, restricters to me is a joke u should be aloud to drive any thing. 4 cylinders not good I live in the country some 4"s can"t handle the roads cars should never be underestimated they are extremely dangerous only drive if u feel confident to do so

Plenty of 4WD's are 4 cylinder. If you drive out in the country, buy a car to suit.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6

Confidence has nothing to do with being able to drive.. Look at the newly imports (not cars) they drive like they own the road and don't care that they drive 30kms under the limit. They are driving to the speed they feel confident doing, regardless of the limit.
These are the ppl u need learn to read, as well as every other car on the road. Learn to drive, learn to read the road and others on it, not having to worry about learning not loading control of a powerful car.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
You are kidding. Get the f*** off the forum. ;)

Let me guess. You are a P plater with 5 years experience on Grand Theft Auto and believe you can drive any car with total control. Someone has offered an opinion that differs from yours, and therefore shouldnt be entitled to speak on a subject about which they know nothing and you know everything.

Last edited:

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
I think p platers(myself being one) should be made to take a defensive driving course on how to handle a vehicle ect every year whilst they are on there P's.

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
I think p platers(myself being one) should be made to take a defensive driving course on how to handle a vehicle ect every year whilst they are on there P's.

Spot on. I did one when I was 18, and it definitely makes you think differently.

But the government will never fund this, because if all P Platers drove safer, they wouldn't make as much money from speed cameras and the like.