Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paddle shift

Shm1ck

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Thunder Ute
MY15 models have this as an option, there are three seperate price models, not sure of what exactly comes in each price range but do not buy if you have an earlier model as it will not work

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
MY15 models have this as an option, there are three seperate price models, not sure of what exactly comes in each price range but do not buy if you have an earlier model as it will not work

Do you mean the VF paddles won't fit on earlier models? Yes they do, and work really well.

How don't they work? This thread explains how all V8 A6 owners VE/G8/PPV/SS/VF/Gen-F have the same option for about $100 DIY or $400 to someone who's not afraid of the airbag to fly up from Melbourne and do it all neatly for you.

ryan101

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss
So can these be fitted to an older vf SS from the dealer? I've seen it as an accessory

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
So can these be fitted to an older vf SS from the dealer? I've seen it as an accessory

There was a photo going around of a dealer advertisement offering paddle fitment to the MY15s for something like $500 and MY14 for a touch over a grand.

WIKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS LS3
Sounds good mate, where's the link?
I haven't bought mine as yet as my car was only assessed for the hail damage last week but since it will getting repaired then I will buy them in a few weeks from the USA. I guess I will contact a member on the forums to get some for me at the lower price as I'm not really wanting to pay Holden 3 times the price for the exact same part.

I had emailed a few GM dealers but they all replied they won't ship out of the country so getting someone to buy them and send them over is probably the best way as I don't want to have to contact every dealer to see one that will ship over here.

I used to get Ford parts shipped over from a dealer in CA and they were awesome but I have had no dealing's with any GM dealer etc.

If I get more info then I would be happy to get a few more sets if some of you guys want them and we just split the shipping etc. I will get back on here is I can sort something out.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
I haven't bought mine as yet as my car was only assessed for the hail damage last week but since it will getting repaired then I will buy them in a few weeks from the USA. I guess I will contact a member on the forums to get some for me at the lower price as I'm not really wanting to pay Holden 3 times the price for the exact same part.

I had emailed a few GM dealers but they all replied they won't ship out of the country so getting someone to buy them and send them over is probably the best way as I don't want to have to contact every dealer to see one that will ship over here.

I used to get Ford parts shipped over from a dealer in CA and they were awesome but I have had no dealing's with any GM dealer etc.

If I get more info then I would be happy to get a few more sets if some of you guys want them and we just split the shipping etc. I will get back on here is I can sort something out.

Wiked,
I'm in if you're offering! More than happy to split shipping. I can mail you a pre-addressed post pack to save you any hassle. Just drop it in your nearest post box.

Has anyone priced the parts only from a Holden dealer? I understand you also need to buy a steering wheel made for paddles, otherwise it's a bit of cut and shut on the trim, which I'm probably not in favour of unless it's completely concealed and looks factory.

WIKED

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS LS3
Could always just use a mail forwarder like Shipito?
Yes exactly but I think they add a bit to the cost don't they?

I was after another steering wheel anyway as I wanted to get it re-trimmed so I'll just buy one from my local HSV wrecker 'Dean" and then make a bracket or weld a nut onto the back each side to hold the paddles instead of glueing them onto the trim like they are doing in the USA. They say there are 'firm' but I'm not sure I want them like that.

Wiked,
I'm in if you're offering! More than happy to split shipping. I can mail you a pre-addressed post pack to save you any hassle. Just drop it in your nearest post box.

Has anyone priced the parts only from a Holden dealer? I understand you also need to buy a steering wheel made for paddles, otherwise it's a bit of cut and shut on the trim, which I'm probably not in favour of unless it's completely concealed and looks factory.
I will contact them after the Xmas period and see what I can find out etc on prices.
The Holden prices I posted previously. They are over 3 times the cost. That's why I though I would get them from the US as I am in no hurry at all. Gives me the time to get another wheel and see what I can do with it and then also my wheel isn't off the car and I can still drive it.