Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Paint Protection/Interior Protection Packages?

daves8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF Calais V 6.0 | 2013 VF Calais V V6 Wagon
Yep, I have the titanium (cream) leather and suede in my Calais, and good the whole interior done.

I have only done 5000kms, and wear a suit most days, so unsure how good it is, but it is unmarked in as new condition.

Last edited:

Ralph

Reaction score
So Opti-Coat seems to be a popular choice. Would anyone else recommend them? Also, has anyone used Opti-Coat for Interior Protection?

Got the exterior done. Similar to Wayne, I swear by it and will put it on each new car. The **** the dealer put on my last car was complete BS. Opticoat 2 months in is brilliant. 5 or 7 year warranty without inspection I think, or longer if you get it inspected yearly. Guy told me to bring it back if it stops beading in any area while under warranty and he will correct it for free. I got the wheels done too.

If for nothing else, makes washing it a piece of piss!

Just need to do what Wayne did and buy the blower :)

j_davis_1980

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport edition
HI All, I have got a question about paint protection on the the motorsport edition. how will the paint protection be applied if there are decals or sticker like the motorsport limited edition? Will the stickers be removed before applying or do they do it over the stickers?

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'd imagine the protection will go over the stickers, with the aim of protecting the overall surface.

I will be getting Opticoat outside and whatever interior protection comes with this for my Motorsport edition (likes daves8).

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I'd imagine the protection will go over the stickers, with the aim of protecting the overall surface.

I will be getting Opticoat outside and whatever interior protection comes with this for my Motorsport edition (likes daves8).
The interior equivalent is optiguard. I've had both done to mine. So far so good :)

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
What sort of $ does it cost and is it that much better than waxing/polishing the car with a good quality product?

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
The interior equivalent is optiguard. I've had both done to mine. So far so good :)

I'm doing my head in at the moment trying to decide whether to get Opti-guard interior protection or not.
My detailer doesn't really recommend it and says that regular cleaning and keeping the leather hydrated with a quality leather conditioner is important to keep the leather soft and supple and prevent cracking.
This is where I'm confused, beacuse Opti-guard is a sealant which prevents dirt ingress and staining, but does nothing to keep the leather hydrated. And using a leather conditioner over the top is pointless because the Opti-guard won't let it penetrate.
On the other hand, people swear by Opti-guard.
So this is where I'm stuck.

Strattos

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII SS
Holden pre-delivery quoted me $1490 for their Protektiv Paint Protection. What's the difference between this and Opticoat - is just a marketing term for the same process or are they using totally different products/technology?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Holden pre-delivery quoted me $1490 for their Protektiv Paint Protection. What's the difference between this and Opticoat - is just a marketing term for the same process or are they using totally different products/technology?

Mate this has been spoken about so many times. Trust me when I say that what the dealer is trying to sell you is ****. Go to a professional Detailer and get a real product. Opti-Coat, caramic coat and gtechniq are a few examples.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I use Optiguard on my alcantara, but not on the leather. It works well, but does wear off over time. Particularly on the drivers seat. I just give it a clean and reaply. I bought the bottle off a detailer mate. $20. 10 minute job. I reckon Scotchguard would be on par though.
I agree with your detailer. Don't coat your leather. No point. Just clean with good product and apply a conditioner on a regular basis

Hey Cuda,

Yeah I'm thinking maybe to Optiguard everything else except the seats, as I'm not convinced that coating the seats is best for the leather in the long run.
Leather needs to stay hydrated to retain it's softness and suppleness, but Optiguard is a barrier which prevents the leather from absorbing anything, so I'm not sure what the implications are in this regard.

My detailer recommends this stuff:

Cleaner
http://detailcentral.com.au/angelwax-heaven-for-leather-cleaner-500-ml/

Conditioner
http://detailcentral.com.au/angelwax-hide-rate-250ml/
http://detailcentral.com.au/angelwax-hide-rate-250ml/