Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting VN Calais.

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
3.8L S1 VN & Sr20det 180sx
okaayy then, yet ANOTHER problem with this car. everytime i do something i find another problem, how convenient.

so i've started painting it, all i have left is the drivers door, and the rear passenger door (Which was bogged, and the trolley strip ripped off a nice section of the bog, which had rust underneath it... -.- )

But thats not really an issue.. did my front passanger door.. the top door pin was a bit of a hassle, ended up getting it out though, but i (or maybe not, maybe thats why the pin was such a pain in the ass to remove..) bent the mount.. (on the door) which i later worked out after i'd put the door back on and couldn't get the pin through the top part of the hinge.. tried moving the door up and down while hitting the pin, didnt work, the door won't up or down at all.. when its nearly closed, its noticably dropped probably about 2cm from the back, the top corner of the door hits the plastic between the two doors on its way to closing.. how would we suggest i get this pin in? i was thinking maybe take the bottom pin out.. pull the door up untill i can hit the pin in, and the hope the bottom hinges will line up.. good or bad idea? Cheers.

Ohh yeah, shearer. my door pins cost me $8.50 each >.< and the bumper clips were like 22 or 28 each(for the individual clip that goes onto the body of the car...) bloody rediculous.

vn calais skyblue

Reaction score
Members Ride
te gemini & vs calais
4L worth of paint is more then enough to sppray a whole car, as far as undercoat well, your using acrylic paint, dont forget that youi'll need a **** load of thinners, for paint clear lean the gun etc, i would get two 2L's worth of color and clear, make sure you have enough 1500 sand paper to sand paint the base coat (color aka black lol) to remove any type of dirt in the job, makes clearing a whole lot easyer, and plus less dirt in the clear the better makes it easyer to cut out later on, you could use upto 1200griot paper to rub down the clear if you have any mishaps (runs, dirt, orange peel looks ****ed) to get a nice finish.. then, cut and buff the **** outa it, dont forget to polish it to seal of the clear coat that you applied ;)

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
Cheers :) Anyone got any ideas for the hinge?

+ That guard, i'm assuming its a stone guard or something, underneath the front of the car.. the shitty plastic thing thats half destroyed, if i take that off, what am i risking?? I'm assuming theres a reason its on there..

PUSHIN

Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
right behind the front bumper, like kind of under the radiator. has two flaps that point towards the ground. i'm assuming its a stone guard, to stop stones coming up into the engine bay & doing damage? if so, could i take it off and put some mesh across the opening or something?? Cheers.