Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Painting You Dash

phroz

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore
hey guys here mine I am working on atm i am in the middle of changing my whole interior to a ss

products i used as i want it to live longer than 10mins are
i primed it up with 2k high fill with flex additive
painted it silver frost pearl acrylic flex additive
and finished off with a protec zercon 2k clear with flex add

using a touch up paint out of a spray can wont cut it it will be way to easy to scratch and chip

vt dash 1 jpeg

vt dash 2 jpeg

vt dash 3 jpeg

vt dash 4 jpeg

vt dash 5 jpeg

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
hey guys here mine I am working on atm i am in the middle of changing my whole interior to a ss

products i used as i want it to live longer than 10mins are
i primed it up with 2k high fill with flex additive
painted it silver frost pearl acrylic flex additive
and finished off with a protec zercon 2k clear with flex add

using a touch up paint out of a spray can wont cut it it will be way to easy to scratch and chip

Hey man just wondering how you went about removing the lower section with the power window switches. Tried to do it on mine but found it a bit stiff. Wondering if a bit of force is needed. Just don't wanna damage it.
Cheers

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
90% of these parts are abs plastics. if there not already topped with a factory paint (if there raw plastic) no need for plastic primer, the paint will melt right into it. if your plastic part dosent say ABS on the back check a spot on the back with some paint thinner on a rag. if the plastic melts its abs no primer needed (if raw)...

paynetrainvy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy executive s2
npjqit.jpg

Ok so I need help before I break something or smash my dash!!! I'm at my wits end trying to get the stupid stereo an pouch out of my dash same as pictured above. I have tried pulling on it but I feel like I'm going to break the din pouch an the fascia. If anyone can help or even have photos would be good as I need help big time

SH.00.MA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 5.7L
Quick question, ive read a different thread on this topic, its all the same but they say to sand back the plastic 1st before primer, theres been no mention of sanding in this thread. Did u guys all do it with or without sanding is the question ? Not very confident to sand tbh, might just prime and throw it on if its not required. Ur paint jobs all look schmick !! I'll be doing my vz centre console and cluster surround this weekend :)

Mitzie

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ V6 Berlina
Quick question, ive read a different thread on this topic, its all the same but they say to sand back the plastic 1st before primer, theres been no mention of sanding in this thread. Did u guys all do it with or without sanding is the question ? Not very confident to sand tbh, might just prime and throw it on if its not required. Ur paint jobs all look schmick !! I'll be doing my vz centre console and cluster surround this weekend :)

Was there ever an answer to this?

SE85VT

LOVE MY VT LOVE AUSTRALIA
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 V6 VT BERLINA
Did mine the same way great write up looks great heres mine

Attachments

• IMG_0791.jpg
    IMG_0791.jpg
    219.2 KB · Views: 840
  • IMG_0721.jpg