Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcel Shelf Speaker/Amplifier Install Into VF

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V6 MY17, VX Calais V6 2000
Thanks Anthony121,
Not sure how to PM a member on here. Is it done through Conversation?
Yes, if you could supply me with a wiring diagram that would be great.
Cheers :)

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
There is an inbox tab at the top to send a PM.

here are the wiring diagrams for the VE amp
Amp.gif
audio wire amp.JPG

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi Anthony121,

Thanks very much for your help with all this, I really appreciate it.

I've familiarised myself with the car to check for a good amp location and trace the rear speaker wires.

The VE amp bracket is useless on the VF as the space directly in front of the battery is occupied. I'm going to male a small bracket and attach it further forward of the battery so that it's hidden behind the carpet.

The wiring that came with the amp has been disassembled to leave just the amp connector and cables. All I need to do is run addition cables to tap into the rear door speakers. I've pulled the pillar and sill trims off and found a harness plug adjacent the seat belt retractor. Would this be the best place to tap into the wires?

The ground wires to the amp I will connect directly to the body. As for the power wires, where is the best place to connect these?
Just wondering why there are two power and two ground wires provided on the one amp?

Speakers and shelf are in perfect condition but I'll install those once I've connected everything up and made sure it's all working properly.

Thanks again, will keep you updated with the install and perhaps some photos for other members too.

VFCalais2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hi all,

I did a test install today of the VE HSV subwoofers and amp which I purchased recently.
However when I connected everything up and turned on the stereo, the subwoofers were working but at an extremely low level. Is this normal?
Does anyone know if the factory headunit in the VE HSV has high level outputs for the amplifier? Do I need an LOC?
If this is the case, I might be better off looking at installing an aftermarket amplifier which has this built in.
Any advice would be appreciated.