Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parcle Shelf Rattle!

sprocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec SII
Hiyas.

Got my sound system installed a few weeks ago;

alpine deck
MB quartz splits
pdx 1100 amp
eclipse 4chan amp
typeR 12" sub

This thing blows an insane bass, and my parcle shelf at the back gets hammered and vibrates like theres no tommorow.

Anyone know how to quiet it down? The guy at alberts said dynomat, but its like $200, so I'd like to try a cheaper alternative first!

Pretty sure its vibrating against the window/chassis, when i put my hand down firmly it stops.

cheers.

sprocket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec SII
Yea the 6x9 plates have been removed, will check said springs. But its actually the whole "behind the back seat near the rear window" bit thats ratteling and when i push it, it stops.

cheers

jamesl_VTSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
[PHATSS]
mine did the same thing, i just rolled up a towel and pushed it firmly between window and parcel shelf. doesn't rattle anymore, thats all that matters for me.

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I fitted some generic sound proofing under the shelf and bolted in the child restraint bolts to tighten the shelf down

GMMAD

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L GT35 4runner/VK calais
mine vibrated right where the rear brake light is at the window so i wedge a piece if rubber between the window and the parcel shelf and it was all good