Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Park assist and AutoStop not working

Crusaders

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Hi all.

Couple of things, and I'm not sure if the issues are linked. The AutoStop isn't working on my ZB VXR (which isn't a bad thing, I suppose) and I have "Service Park Assist " displayed on my cluster which prevents that from working also. I have checked both the fuse and tested the parking sensors and all okay there.
Any ideas?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the "service park assist" error will cause start-stop to disable its self so dont worry about the start-stop system until you fix park assist.

without gds connected to the system to view the info i can only guess that one of the ultrasonic sensors is damaged which will throw the service park assist message and disable it.
with gds you would be able to see which sensor is throwing the fault and replace it yourself but you will probably need to find someone with a capable scan tool to diagnose the issue like a holden dealer.

a stone hitting one of the sensors can damage it so its the most likely thing, you might be able to visually see it by looking for any deformities or damage to the cover on the sensors.