Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parked in handicapped zone.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
Bullcrap.....If a car is parked in a spot that has a sign displayed no parking, it can and will be towed, where ever it is

I would also suggest you learn a little bit about S.A rules and reg before commenting...Here's an example

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...peed-limit-less-than-13kph-9.html#post2754900

is that the thread where you were wrong?
ah yes it is.

only police n counsel can tow a vehicle and there are specific laws about when it can be done.
private property isnt one of them.

anyone can put up a no parking sign. doesnt mean its enforceable.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
is that the thread where you were wrong?
ah yes it is.

You were the one shown up as being wrong, by a few members.....but yes

only police n counsel can tow a vehicle and there are specific laws about when it can be done.
private property isnt one of them.

anyone can put up a no parking sign. doesnt mean its enforceable.

Any business can have a car towed, when it is illegally parked on their premises.....How do I know.....Place I worked in the city, quite often had cars towed away at the owners expense, for illegally parking. And that place was 5 minutes away from the city police station

Do I also mention about a heap of businesses around the Welland/Grange area I know of that constantly have towies there, towing away illegally parked cars.....(Yes, I work around that area and deal with towies constantly)

Last edited:

MattK

Reaction score
Members Ride
05 VZ V6
Yeah , if some one parks on your property , you have a legal right to have said vehicle removed ...

Handicapped parking = Yeah when I see able bodied scum parking in said parking places , and they ask me what Im looking at ( cos I look at them like they are scum ) , I reply = You must be mentally handicapped !

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Ny personal hate is for people with disabled stickers who arent disabled. For example yesterday toyota landercruiser ute with like a 4 inch lift and a manual in a disabled spot. If a disabled person can climb in and drive that is not disabled.

Yes, I really do have to agree with you.

Worse one I have seen is the Chiropractor with the Disabled Sticker on his Harley. Appears he had a Heart Attack, got the Permit and just kept using it even though he was quite capable of walking as far as he liked.

One of the problems is that people can get these Disabled Permits because of a Medical Condition that may last only a short time but the Permit is for 5 years or more.

A place I visit on the Coast has 6 parking bays in a row with a Disabled Spot on the end, and I am amazed the number of times I rock up to find all the bays empty with one Car sitting in the Disabled Bay. Why ? because they have a Disabled Permit !!! and their attitude is "Have Permit will park"
I might ad the Disabled Bay is not closest to the door of the Building.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Any business can have a car towed, when it is illegally parked on their premises.....How do I know.....Place I worked in the city, quite often had cars towed away at the owners expense, for illegally parking. And that place was 5 minutes away from the city police station

Do I also mention about a heap of businesses around the Welland/Grange area I know of that constantly have towies there, towing away illegally parked cars.....(Yes, I work around that area and deal with towies constantly)

Maybe in SA but not in Qld.

In Qld, according to a Legal Eagle I know, a vehicle cannot be towed without the Owners consent.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
So in QLD the owner of the parking lot/spot clearly states that the owner of vehicle can park in said parking spot only if they agree that in the event they overstay the designated time period the owner of the parking lot can indeed have the vehicle towed. Parking in said spot than clearly indicates that the owner of the vehicle agrees with these terms and the vehicle can indeed be towed!

Eevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute
So in QLD the owner of the parking lot/spot clearly states that the owner of vehicle can park in said parking spot only if they agree that in the event they overstay the designated time period the owner of the parking lot can indeed have the vehicle towed. Parking in said spot than clearly indicates that the owner of the vehicle agrees with these terms and the vehicle can indeed be towed!

not even close.

for starters, the person who parked there might not be the owner.

i can put up a sign saying people parking here will be shot.
doesnt make shooting people legal.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Rules in Qld are not as clear as SA where there are specific regulations. However, police do have powers over "road related areas" such as shopping centre car parks and can and do carry out blitzes of parking in these areas.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
not even close.

for starters, the person who parked there might not be the owner.

i can put up a sign saying people parking here will be shot.
doesnt make shooting people legal.

Shooting someone is not legal by law ever, towing a vehicle is if certain conditions are met. A person or company can impose limits on private properly as long as they meet certain guidelines, having a vehicle towed in certain conditions would certainly be legal. How else do towies tow cars if it wasn't legal?

Do the cops impound vehicles if the person driving the car is someone other than the owner? ;)