Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Parking sensors (service/unavailable?)

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
Hey everyone, everytime I shift into reverse or manually switch on the parking sensors, I keep getting the error message “parking assistance unavailable, service parking assist etc”. I’ve tried cleaning all my sensors with soapy water and even rubbing alcohol but it just won’t work

Can anyone shed some light into what I should do next?

Appreciate any help

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Hey everyone, everytime I shift into reverse or manually switch on the parking sensors, I keep getting the error message “parking assistance unavailable, service parking assist etc”. I’ve tried cleaning all my sensors with soapy water and even rubbing alcohol but it just won’t work

Can anyone shed some light into what I should do next?

Appreciate any help

One of the sensors is probably dead which will throw that message.
A scan with gds2 will tell you which sensor to replace and you can get them on aliexpress for something like 30 bucks.

mtd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE S1 Calais V V8
Sounds like the VF parking sensors are about as good as those in the VE. I had 2 replaced in 2009 (1 week after I got the car - new), 1 replaced about 6 years ago, and another 2 about 3 years ago. They still get 'stuck' and stuff up all the time. That said, a mate has a VF (can't remember year) and has never had a problem. Go figure.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
the sensors do not like being hit so all it takes to mess one up is a hard knock or a dent on the front of the sensor plate.
this can happen easily on the front if a stone manages to hit the sensor.

this is one of mine that got hit and stopped the whole system working, its just a little dent on it.
snsr.jpg

Last edited:

FalconF16

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 SV6 Commodore Sportwagon
One of the sensors is probably dead which will throw that message.
A scan with gds2 will tell you which sensor to replace and you can get them on aliexpress for something like 30 bucks.
Could you please supply a link to the correct ones on AliExpress?Thank You

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Could you please supply a link to the correct ones on AliExpress?Thank You
they have different part numbers so you need to know the exact part number of the sensor you are replacing before you can search for it.