Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Passenger Headlight Issue

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
Recently I’ve had an issue with the passenger headlight which Holden can’t seem to figure out (no surprise there)
So the passenger headlight goes down to a low beam, (Parker light) and the indicator when applied is also dimmed.
In addition the little indicator on the passenger side of the car behind the front wheel comes on and stays.
When turning the high beams on, the passenger headlight then turns off altogether. Also when I then turn off and lock the car when the lights are doing this ‘thing’ the car honks as though there is a door left open. (2 honks)

So this issues comes and goes when going over bigger bumps, but not always. Also, when the headlights are fine, indicating left can cause this issues to start also.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Attachments

• 8A4F03D9-FD5B-4A39-B422-56CF6DDC9195.png
    8A4F03D9-FD5B-4A39-B422-56CF6DDC9195.png
    141.1 KB · Views: 211
  • BF2A0EDE-BBDB-43AD-A5F5-4EBD62F0FFB3.png
    BF2A0EDE-BBDB-43AD-A5F5-4EBD62F0FFB3.png
    137.3 KB · Views: 220

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
bad earth
any bodywork done recently

Keegzzz

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Calais
bad earth
any bodywork done recently
Thanks for reply mate

Yes actually. Probably 3 or so months ago, passenger fender due to getting backed into.. I wouldn’t have thought they’d have touched anything else.

Any ideas where to look?

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Thanks for reply mate

Yes actually. Probably 3 or so months ago, passenger fender due to getting backed into.. I wouldn’t have thought they’d have touched anything else.

Any ideas where to look?
Make sure the harness plugs are fully connected.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Yes actually. Probably 3 or so months ago, passenger fender due to getting backed into.. I wouldn’t have thought they’d have touched anything else

People just dont realise the significance of leaving out tiny details like this when diagnosing any faults on a car. It's relevant. Even if you think it isn't it will be to an auto electrician, mechanic, air-con mechanic, etc.

The more the person trying to fix the issue knows what happened prior to the fault the quicker,(cheaper) the fix is gonna be.
And that goes for anything you've touched or tried to fix on the vehicle too.
No harm in saying what's been done to try fix something to the next guy who has to try fix it.

VT2Commie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 Clubsport R8
Has it got any airbox mods like a Walkinshaw pod/K&N filter setup?

May have a pinched or damaged wiring harness from the accident to the front fender, or panel shop who did the repairs hasn't plugged a connector back in properly as Imoengnr pointed out.

Last edited: