Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pay pal scam Please read

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
i am currently selling my ve, its currently in the for sale forums, also on gumtree.com and autoline.com.au, will be on car sales next week :D

now i want to let every1 kno that to be really carefull about selling your car to interstate buyers who apparently are tied up for work and want to buy right now via paypal and have it picked up by some transport company to take it away.

this is the emails that have been sent

please read from the bottom as this is a copy and paste from my emails,
there was 1 more email i sent pretty much saying pay by direct transfer to my finance company and the remainder to my account or piss off.
this is a serious issue that i really thought should be told to all sellers of there vehicles,

also can a mod pretty this up and put it somewhere permanent as pay pal fraud is a pretty serious thing every1 should be aware of this,

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking and i can't go to the bank due to the nature of my job, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the merchandise and pls if you don't have paypal account yet, it is very easy to set up, go to www.paypal.com and get it set up , after you have set it up i will only need the e-mail address you use for registration with paypal so as to put the money through.

PayPal is easy and safe for online transactions,PayPal will send you an email once you receive a payment for an item purchase from any of your buyers, and they get the money credited into your account.....So go ahead and set up an account with PayPal, just go to www.paypal.com, alls they need from you is a valid bank account.

Kindly get back to me with the email you used in setting up your PayPal account, so that i can effect on the payment right away.

Thanks

--- On Sun, 9/10/11, Matthew Martinsen <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Reply Asap................: Car price
To: "Daniel Lopez" <[email protected]>
Received: Sunday, 9 October, 2011, 5:16 PM

As my vehicle is under finance I cannot accept paypal I will have to get a pay out figure from my finance company with bank details to pay that and also the remaining amount into my bank account. And because it's Sunday my banks isnt open today to get the figures for you now.

Sent from my iPhone

On 09/10/2011, at 4:00 PM, Daniel Lopez <[email protected]> wrote:

hello,

Thanks for the response,i will like to make offering of $23,000 AUD including the sound system so that we can close the sales and have the transaction ...kindly get back to me with your Paypal Payment information so that i can go ahead with the payment which i will including PayPal surcharges since i am interested in the immediate purchase.I want the vehicle to be ship to London,where this is needed and i will be making use of a shipping company to have this picked up from you and have it delivered to me when i get back to England,i am presently on official duty in Ohio USA,.Further arrangements will be made with you in regards to the pick up once i have paid you.

regards
Daniel

--- On Sun, 9/10/11, Matthew Martinsen <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Car price
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Received: Sunday, 9 October, 2011, 4:54 PM

22500 with sound system as low as I'm gunna go with the sound system in it, withought subs sub amps 2nd battery. Will keep the 2nd head unit and speakers in mayb for about 21000

Sent from my iPhone

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
apparently they had when i looked into it but was just looking out for people that havent ever heard of it b4 as i never had, i was sorta sussed with it from the start

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Nothing new, this scam has been around for a long time and is quite well known. There are other threads on this subject in the Pub section.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
That happened to me, I just traced his email and ip address and found that he lived like 20 mins away and went to his place and......not saying anything on the net. But yeah if you want me to find out who's sending you these scams pm me and ill find out for you.

womble66

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE CALAIS V - V6
If they want to pay by paypal fine, just don't let anyone take the car until the money's cleared into your bank account.

ensure you have got the money from paypal into your bank not just your paypal account. don't even trust paypal to help when all goes west.

Last edited:

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
If they want to pay by paypal fine, just don't let anyone take the car until the money's cleared into your bank account.

Exactly.

If you gave them the car before the money cleared into your bank account your deserve to loose it.

People fall for the most stupid scams!

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
#### around with him. See if you can get him to send you a deposit via paypal lol.