Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[LS1] PCV issue.

Tomopo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR HSV CLUBSPORT
Hey guys this is my first post on here.
I have a VY LS1 with a few mods. I noticed today that the PVC hose was broken at the intake and broken near the crankcase. I ran a new hose and now it stalls straight away. I then ran a hose from each side of the case and left the intake sucking air and it runs great.
Any ideas? Picture shows new looped hose from crankcase and nipple with no hose near the throttle body.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,233

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
I may have read wrong but did u say your manifold is sucking open air? Is it before or after the throttle body?

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

VPbomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX clubsport
Mate, you've done that wrong. Have a look at the picture I uploaded (if it works). Those 2 rocket cover vents have to be joined, then vented back to behind the manifold via a PCV valve (which is earthed to the bolt on the block). I don't think there is a cheap option as I just went through this, and you would need this (Holden part number 12590632):

VT VX VU VY WH PCV Hose Suit GEN 3 5 7 Litre HSV SS Sedan Wagon UTE NEW Genuine | eBay

Attachments

• PCV.jpg
    PCV.jpg
    235.7 KB · Views: 3,494

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Rocker cover to OTR

Valley to TB