Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PDR

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Question for those who know about PDR. Could a PDR bloke massage out pushed in a tub side? It does have a double skin down low. Father in law and i had a go at it and it is improved but still needs work.
I'd prefer not to bog it at this stage as it will be hard to get right plus a lot of painting.
20190418_171151.jpg

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
They can pull dents as well as massaging from behind.

Certainly worth getting one to quote.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Cheers 5.0 i will go see the PDR bloke next week and see what he says.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Found out today PDR can not be performed on my dent. He said it will split open if he starts pushing on it. Had an old school panel beater give me an estimate and he said $600-$800. Need to have a think as that is a lot for an old ute, but not as much as I expected. I was thinking more like $1200-$1500.
I will add it to the list of wants.. I may be able to look at getting the panel repaired and primed with a dust coat of something and then painted properly later. Might be able to paint the ute myself with some help from the father in law. I need to paint the bonnet at some stage regardless. I am glad I now know what I will be up for if I do decide to go ahead.

Chuckmeister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 383 Harrop enhanced
Why not jump on ebay and buy a cheap PDR kit?
I bought this 6 months ago or so and it worked really well (though I paid 140..not sure why they have gone up so much). I had small dents and your pic is a little hard to see the extent of the dent, but I cant see how you cant get 99 percent of this dent out given a little time and care. If something splits during the pulling then just pay a welder or repair shop to tack it up.
Maybe get a second opinion from another PDR guy. Anyone not willing to take on the challenge just seems like he's not interested in the job.
I'm with Deuce on this one. If you have access then it can be repaired.
I acetone cleaned my repair spots prior to glueing the tabs (for the slide hammer) and you can get a pretty decent pull off the tab.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Quick update on the rear quarter dent. I will try and post some pics tomorrow but I used a bloke from Sellicks in SA Dents Away, he was brill he spent an hour on my dent, that apparently could not be fixed and it is now pretty well all out. With some repainting of where the paint has cracked years ago and re-taping the moulding, it will look pretty spot on.
I really was thinking the only bloke in the North of Tas that does PDR might have been FOS and just didn't want to spend an hour on an old Commodore as he had 5 or 6 near new cars in the yard, like BMW's and the like.
Turns out he just CBF'd.
Feel like going back and saying "hmmm couldn't be done hey"?? It was like my money wasn't worth as much as the other bloke who turns up with a European bus.
I guess this is what us car blokes are up against, most people see no value in an old Commi and are too up themselves to work on them.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
20200223_170257.jpg

I had another good look this arvo and i think i may need a tiny bit of bog just under the moulding. I might see if the father in law has time to help me bog it in a few weeks as he has some more skill than I in panel work. But even so its looks good.