Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PDW rims are Terrible!

saundyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina
Holden lovers,

If you are in the market to get new rims on your ride please save your self the stuff around of buying PDW rims.

They are sold at Tyre Power and most of the major retailers. This small time back yard company flogs off a TERRIBLE product. They are not expensive so I probably have myself to blame but I purchased a set of PDW HB-R Stainless steel finish looking 18" rims from Tyre Power. Within 18 months they had developed weird off colored sparkly patches on them, when originally they had a very clean look about them. I thought some kind of corrosion was forming on them and managed to pick off some of this distortion with my fingers. With some google research and looking around my area where other people had the exact same rims I found out that the clear lacquer they put over the machined finish is a cheap short lasting product and leaves the rims defaced after a year of use.

I rang PDW and thought that maybe I just had a defective set, after being ignored and given the run around for 8 weeks by the company not returning calls I was contacted by Dominic the general manager of PDW who assertively informed me I used a corrosive chemical on them such as bug off or car polish, I most certainly had not and furious at some twit telling me what "I HAD DONE" and that there was nothing wrong with his product. I got in contact with consumer affairs who were no help.

These rims did not come with a warning and honestly what external part of a car cannot withstand car cleaning products!?! I didn't acid wash them or dip them in caustic soda! which is what they look like.

So Holden lovers please don't deface your ride by making the same mistake as me and buying these cheap a*$# rims

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
It's widely known some rim cleaners can be too harsh on certain rims.....

saundyvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX berlina
Yea mate, I used nothing but "Armour all car wash" on them

Burnout124

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2/ VY SS 6sp
i have had pdw rims on my car for two years they are pdw fusion black with a machined lip and i have had no problems with them

roost666

Reaction score
Members Ride
5L V8 VP ute
Post a pic OP,

I have the PDW nova rims, haven't had a problem yet tho i have only had them a few months.

blueVP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP, VL walkinshaw replica
My mother has PDW fusion blacks also on her xf ute, has done for around two years and not a problem with them.

VSSS_5L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SS 5L
Sand em back and clear them again maybe? If they're structurally sound and the only problem you have with them is like a cheap clear on them... might be a case of you get what you pay for. I used to work on the paintline at ROH its possible you just got a bad batch of paint or i dunno the ovens were on the blink or something. Its a bit of a pain in the ass but i dont think there'd be many wheel manufacturers that would take a complaint about the finish on a set of rims seriously after 18months.