Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders quote

Jimbob9033

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VP S
I've been given a quote for my 92 vp suspension and it seems a little overpriced (however I wouldn't really know) any advice is appreciated. I would do it all myself however I don't have the time at the moment.

Pedders sportsryder cartridge x 2: $386
Bump Stop & boot kit: $90
Heavy duty stabilizer links (pair): $75
Urethane radius rod front bushes: $56
Urethane radius rod rear bushes: $39
Pt #5823: Pedders rubber bushes: $75
Pedders gas sports Ryder shocks x 2: $260 (for both)
Pt #5808: Pedders rubber bushes: $64
Trailing arm assembly: $110
Urethane pan hard rod bush: $28
Fitting: $633.60
Wheel align: $65

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Was this the outcome of one of their safety checks? I'd get another opinion as I suspect half the bushes etc would still be roadworthy. If it's just shocks just change them and the bump stops/boots if they are split. As far as changing the shocks you'll get it done cheaper with just as good if not better shocks for a lot less. A wheel alignment should be in the order of $45.00

Jimbob9033

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VP S
Yeah it was. I thought it was a bit dodgy.
It's seeing my mechanic on Monday so I'll see what he has to say and go from there.
Thanks a lot.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
the wheel alignment is way overpriced for your car,should be no more than about 35,in regards to everything else,just buy these things as you can then when you get your mechanic to service etc the car get him to do some as he's doing the service,do not trust pedders prices period,i have been there myself recently and they tried to charge me 500 for castor bushes which is too much and wanted 100+ for a wheel alignment which even with my irs etc is way too much compared to other shops round town

Jimbob9033

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8L VP S
Yeah after a bit of research it seems like they massively overprice things quite often.
Thanks for your help guys.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
What was the quote done for a rwc? Peddlers wanted 1300 do lower my vn calais to super low with new shocks and springs with a front end alignment done.. Done the lot for 650 my self and 6 hours of my time.. Front end alignment around hear is 55 dollars too

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
Yeah after a bit of research it seems like they massively overprice things quite often.
Thanks for your help guys.

And I would suspect that most of the bushes are quite roadworthy still. I took a VN to one Pedders just after I got it, got a massive list of things that were going to fail soon, only changed the shocks and bearing plates then took it back for a wheel alignment/safety check deal about 8 years later and they listed the same things again. Their policy if you read it says they only list stuff that will fail within 6 months. I wouldn't imagine parts that are going to fail and are dangerous would last 8 years and about 130,000km. Sold the car and it still had those bushes in it. Sure it would probably steer better if they were replaced but they were not un roadworthy or going to fail any time soon.

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
the wheel alignment is way overpriced for your car,should be no more than about 35 <snip>

And where does such cheap alignments? around the $50-$60 mark is about common price for a front alignment, considering a new aligner can cost $12K and that's just the machine, it's a business and they're there to make money and give good service, sure you can go the back yard way and use a tape measure but wouldn't you prefer to know it's done right the first time for a little outlay in cost that'll save you money in fuel and tires?

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
my local mechanic here charges 35 and has done for about 5 years for just the standard wheel alignment,and he is also the local pedders authorised service agent,he charges between 65-75 for the 4 wheel alignment with irs,but I must admit I get it at trade and also because he does other things when required,the dearest in this town for a standard wheel alignment is 45 at the local tyre shop,beaurepaires,bts are all the same

v6nutz_2012

Self-Confessed Basshead
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Members Ride
2000 VT S Pac "Gold Nugget"
LOL Pedders can't be trusted for pricing OR honesty
One of my mates had just replaced pretty much every bush in his Suzuki GTi, took it into the wollongong store the day after to see what they would say. Their list of items "in need of replacement" included half the bushes
As I said, can't be trusted........