Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders Soft Set Coilovers

Blackdog66

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
Hi All,
Anyone fitted Extreme XA Coilovers and run on max soft settings or close to for comfort ?

19 inch wheels fitted with HSD Coilovers currently ,but far to firm ride for family .

I understand there is more adjustment on the Pedders XA but before the big outlay , some feedback be much appreciated .

Thanks

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
im not sure what the cost is for the pedders now days but look at the MCA as they will be much better, i may be going over to them soon as im sick of the rear pedders shock leaking this is the second time and there revised set still leaking in bout under 5k driving, i have it on the lowest height which apparently they dont like, but other manufactures dont seem to have that issue and the whole point is to have better control when lower, if they dont work except for at factory height then i question there use

Blackdog66

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
im not sure what the cost is for the pedders now days but look at the MCA as they will be much better, i may be going over to them soon as im sick of the rear pedders shock leaking this is the second time and there revised set still leaking in bout under 5k driving, i have it on the lowest height which apparently they dont like, but other manufactures dont seem to have that issue and the whole point is to have better control when lower, if they dont work except for at factory height then i question there use
approx 2.5k fitted ,, righto , thanks for info ,,will check on the MCA info also now ,,, cheers

Blackdog66

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
MCA 2.5k parts only Front 8kg Rear 10kg Rates ,,, reckon i might do the MCA Pro Comfort

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
You can get pedders with softer springs, if pedders don't have springs in stock King can make custom rate coils for them. The shocks should be set close to where the spring likes and left alone, you're not meant to adjust the ride feel with shocks they're there to control the spring.

Blackdog66

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
You can get pedders with softer springs, if pedders don't have springs in stock King can make custom rate coils for them. The shocks should be set close to where the spring likes and left alone, you're not meant to adjust the ride feel with shocks they're there to control the spring.
Thanks ,,, but what would be a softer rate ??

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
Thanks ,,, but what would be a softer rate ??
Maybe 7kg per mm rear and 8kg per mm fronts. Do you know what's on there? Also is it a Ute, Wagon or Sedan?

Blackdog66

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice
Maybe 7kg per mm rear and 8kg per mm fronts. Do you know what's on there? Also is it a Ute, Wagon or Sedan?
WM Caprice , think it’s FE? ,,, Caprice is firmer than the Statesman , which are heaps more comfy , 7 kg in the rear be to light in a long wheel base ,, and don’t think the Pedders have a choice of spring rates in the XA package

Ginger Beer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Dunnydoore
I run pedders xtreme in my VX SS, done about 15k km or more with them, no issues at all

For the street/hwy cruising I run 5 clicks at the rear, and 8 on the front from full soft for a nice and compliant feel

For the strip I go full hard on the rear and full soft on the front, seems to work well

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
depends what people think is firm or hard thats a bit of a personal feel, my pedders came with 7kg fronts and 10kg rears, the fronts felt like they were on the bump stops all the time as when i took my engine out the suspension still sat at the same height, i now with the iron block went 10kg front and i think to me thats what should have been in the front from the start but since im a heavier block now the front feels too soft so i may have to go to a 12kg, the pedders springs u can get fronts 7, 10, 12, 14 kg i think but not sure if its an option at purchase