Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Penrite oil issue

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
hmmm, you guys seem real keen to help this bloke choose a good oil.
I aint touchin the Penrite topic. How about Valvoline Durablend or one of the fancy friction mofied Nulon oils they sell at Repco on the shelf with no price tags. Probly means its real spensive so it must be good ey ? !!
If yur gonna agrue please do it in the VX section. lol. ( joke )

Durablend it fantastic stuff. Nulon is good but even though they have told me they dont, i still reckon they use teflon in the oil.

Rhetoric ? Ok Commsirac, enough from us. At the end of the day i havn't really had a bad oil experience (yet) and i shouldnt accuse you of anything. Full apologies mate, of no benefit to anyone. We have our opinions, and one of mine is i don't owe anything to oil companies in the sense that i am a customer so i would never hide anything from them....I shouldnt force my opinions on anyone but you are guilty of this yourself Commsirac...anyway enough from me....

mr_clubby96

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs clubsport
hey guys just wondering wat oil would be the best to use outta these 3x

1. mobil super 1000 20w 50

2. penzoil gt street machine 20w 50

3.havoline premium 20w 50

cheer guys

vxcalais_01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Calais 3.8 2001
Either of them are good, but the Havoline Premium is worth using. Same stuff was used for the Valvoline V8 Supercar straight out of the bottle.....Mobil Super can be bought cheaper as the Repco stuff or the Red 6 litre ROFL rebadged Mobil bottles.....they are all good.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I can only tell you mobil 1 is faster down the drag strip than Penrite 10-50. So I guess it's better/less friction But I do use Penrite semi synth at the moment because it's cheaper :) I also need 50 weight when hot to keep good oil pressure at idle and 10 to get fast pressure when cold so all up 10-50 works well for me 20-50 sounds a bit fat when cold to me

coolngroovy

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY06 VZ Calais
I have used Penrite products exclusively for many years.

I tore down an engine after 20k [i was using Mobil1 then] & was not happy with the internal wear.

Penrite is Oz owned, & made for OZ conditions. Hey, it dont snow up here!

Every1 is going to have their own opinions on this topic! That's life!
It doesn't make anybodies opinion more or less valid!

I choose Penrite products from experience, not because it is what my brother/mate/tosser on internet ect says!

Another good thread destroyed!

apoc585

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Maloo
I have used Penrite products exclusively for many years.

I tore down an engine after 20k [i was using Mobil1 then] & was not happy with the internal wear.

Penrite is Oz owned, & made for OZ conditions. Hey, it dont snow up here!

Every1 is going to have their own opinions on this topic! That's life!
It doesn't make anybodies opinion more or less valid!

I choose Penrite products from experience, not because it is what my brother/mate/tosser on internet ect says!

Another good thread destroyed!
wat he said :) haha