Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Performance Increase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Any sort of boost, be it centrifugal, whipple, turbo etc.. What ever name you put on it - will increase the wear in the motor. Not to mention drive train.

Engines are designed to withstand certain pressures/forces put upon various components. When you increase the amount of air pressure in the intake system (aka add boost), it increases the amount of air in the cylinder, therefore greatly increasing the pressure inside the combustion chamber at or just before TDC. Add in more fuel (that's where your power comes from, more fuel from standard being delivered into the combustion chamber), that leads to higher combustion pressures, more forces pushing down on the piston, etc etc and the cycle continues...

Thus increasing wear on the engine internals. Excessive side wall loading of the piston/cylinder, excessive wear on the tops of the big end bearings and the bottom of the main bearings. That is undeniable fact.

So to your "its cheaper" scenario, add in the cost of a rebuild. Because boosting any motor will shorten its life, regardless of how its driven.

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
Haha talk about a hissy fit...

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
I know this, all I said was a centrifugal will put less wear and tear on a motor than a whipple or turbo. Pretty obvious. All depends on how it is driven, as a daily that won't see boost much it will still work out cheaper. So I'll say it again.

Will work out cheaper FOR ME IN MY SCENARIO. End of story.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
186714777_d2a3f60cdb1.jpg

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
I know this, all I said was a centrifugal will put less wear and tear on a motor than a whipple or turbo. Pretty obvious. All depends on how it is driven, as a daily that won't see boost much it will still work out cheaper. So I'll say it again.

we have all been there and done that with a v6.
one day you will own a v8 and say why did i bother with the 6,don't worry we all did!

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe

Just get a 4cylinder...they are cheap

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
LOL you guys are still bitching

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
If i was to buy a new car, i would go with the six litre. But if we all drove the same car with the same mods, the car scene wouldn't be very interesting. Why do v8 owners always responded to threads about v6s with useless info about v8s and how much better they are in their OPINION. This is Commodore forum not a v8 only forum. If someone was asking what car should i buy, yeah fair enough but he already owns the car. He asked about doing up a car He already owns.

Ricey you say you car does 12s. 12 what? There's a big difference between 12.1 and 12.9. How much did you spend on mods after you brought the car and what mods were done?

vn_v6

Blumpkin
Reaction score
Members Ride
87 vl limited edition
to top fuel dragsters use charged 6's? no, do you see v6 supercars? no, are v6's more powerful the v8's with the same mods, no.......

sure insurance will be cheaper with a 6, but with the mods youl have to do to it your better off buying an 8 because youl spend less insurance or not.

end argument, unless you girls wana keep going? maybe you all need to grow some balls, get some facts together, have a drag race in a safe environment and stop bitching over ur self made facts and assumptions cause none of you are proving ****

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
Wow, too bad if this dude actually came here looking for HELPFUL advice on modding his SV6.

Yet another thread killed because the same flognuts start a pathetic debate over something we have all heard and know. Good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.