Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pest control companies, Who is good?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
We have ants all over the place around our house not to mention signs of wood borer and a bunch of other pests.
I see plenty of adds for various companies but i'm guessing half of them are useless.
Are there any companies you would recommend or have had good or bad experiences with?

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
'Flick' are good.
Had 'em to flick off some spiders and wasps (lol) at my old house before I moved in..

BookMe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Could find out off a building and pest inspection company...like who would they use.

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
I do mine myself,
Buy the concentrate off rural supply companies like elders, CRT etc and mix it up make sure you use a respirator, gloves suit etc and go to town on your place.

I take power points off walls periodically and spray inside the walls, its amazing what gets in there, under the house and in the roof.

If your going to get a trade out every area can be different some good some crap just do your research.

Scott

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I do mine myself,
Buy the concentrate off rural supply companies like elders, CRT etc and mix it up make sure you use a respirator, gloves suit etc and go to town on your place.

I take power points off walls periodically and spray inside the walls, its amazing what gets in there, under the house and in the roof.

If your going to get a trade out every area can be different some good some crap just do your research.

Scott

Yea, me too, but I buy from the local Produce Merchant, PM me if you want to know the product I use.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Why not just tell him here? Is it a secret? Lol

If you Google how to get rid of ants, you'll find some great home remedies that will actually work.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
What kind of respirator should you wear when using pesticide ? I have one for painting but i guess there could be different types.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Befenthrin does the trick for most species of ants, trouble is you have to go and find their nest. Most people don't have the time or the basic safe handling knowledge though so if you are after someone to do it for you look at some of the larger companies that have been in operation for more than ten years. Flick comes to mind.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
What kind of respirator should you wear when using pesticide ? I have one for painting but i guess there could be different types.

Don't use pesticides. So many home remedies online that claim to work, I dont know why you wouldnt try them?

cracker

Reaction score
how bad are the insects are your house !