Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peter Brock Has Passed...

DJT_1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR and VT Exec (sedans)
My 1st post here and it's this one,,,,
bummer, I used to watch him and Colin Bond on our B&W TV doing hill climbs in muddied up XU-1's, then there was the new lap record at BHurst on the LAST lap in an A9X and more and more. Peter Perfect was the best name to use watching him circulate at Bathurst. Just a bummer.

Yes very weird he and Steve born and died 4 days apart,,, and yes, pls ask that Steve guy to get us some RIP Brocky stickers. Maybe he could send some of sales to a charity Brocky supported.

VZ-Rob

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZS-Ute06
my'SS'isCRaP said:
Steve Irwin and Brockie were born 4 days apart....and they died 4 days apart..........how weird :(
not quite mate SE born in 1961, brocky in 1945 :cry:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
VZ-Rob said:
not quite mate SE born in 1961, brocky in 1945 :cry:

Look at wat u just posted....

Peter brock was 61...

Stever irwin was comming up to his 45th b'day..

Look at the last 2 numbers in eachothers dates... More of a head**** for u.

Cheers
MaT

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
Still cannot believe he's gone....I grew up watching him, a couple of years after I started driving I dreamed of owning a new VH Group 3 Brock Commodore, I loved watching him drive the Targa, and now it's all memories.

My son has a cap and a poster he had signed by Brockie a few years back when he visited Bundaberg, and I still can't believe how he hung around for ages signing everything people shoved at him...a lot of celebrities would have had a few minutes to meet-and-greet, then stand on a podium and tell us how great they are, then piss off leaving everyone wanting. Brock was signing stuff for little kids and big kids alike, as if he had all the time in the world for anyone who showed an interest.
A truly great man.

In the back yard over at my mother's house is a rusty Austin A30 which many times over the last ten years or so I have toyed with the idea of turning into a relica of Brockie's first race car...it's always only ever been a "hey, that'd be a cool idea" kind of thing, but now I'm not so sure...I might indeed start working on it as a tribute to the great man.

RIP Peter, thanks for all the memories over the years, and here's to you now up there where the roads are twisty, there's no speed limits, and petrol is free...:D

SLAF

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV UTE
Brockie was a local bloke who we aften saw in restaurants and just around the town. Having been brought up in Hurstbridge, like me, and the fact that he drove around in paddock bombs, just like we used to, I felt some strange connection with him. I taught his son James when he went to Eltham Primary School, and played footy and tennis with his brother Lewis. His whole philosophy on life was remarkable. I am impressed that so many younger people are writing about him, probably never having seen him race in his heyday. Says a lot about the man.

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
i'm not going to say "Brocky WAS a legend" coz even though he's no longer around, he still IS, a legend

Condolences to the Brock family, and Brocky, you ARE, a legend, and always will be

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
wow... just, wow... i cant beleive it, brocky should have died of old age.

a sad day and week for our country

well he never wanted to get old and his wish came true
we will miss u Brock