Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Phones???

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I'm the type of prat who goes out and gets the best possible phone within the plan I am on. My current one is an N95i and basiclly all I do with it is make calls and send messages.

Minux is right, buy a digital camera for less and get better pictures instead of getting a phone :)

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I was exactly the same ^^^ I had an N95 and then an Iphone. Now i own a very very very basic Nokia that looks like a 3310, which is a new model, but made for people who want a basic phone. Cost me $50 brand new from Safeway, has a flashlight on it instead of a camera, no internet no fancy stuff.

Best phone i have ever owned. I use more on it than i did the stupid Iphone. And if i drop it and it breaks, i don't care, i'll just go buy another one for $50. Better than dropping and breaking a $1200 Iphone i guess.

I can see the attraction with getting new phones. Then one day i just got over it. But boy did i love my new fangle dangle phones when i got them haha.

BecStar

Kickstart My Heart...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Clubsport R8 - Vespers Blue
I was exactly the same ^^^ I had an N95 and then an Iphone. Now i own a very very very basic Nokia that looks like a 3310, which is a new model, but made for people who want a basic phone. Cost me $50 brand new from Safeway, has a flashlight on it instead of a camera, no internet no fancy stuff.

Best phone i have ever owned. I use more on it than i did the stupid Iphone. And if i drop it and it breaks, i don't care, i'll just go buy another one for $50. Better than dropping and breaking a $1200 Iphone i guess.

I can see the attraction with getting new phones. Then one day i just got over it. But boy did i love my new fangle dangle phones when i got them haha.

Haha, judging from my fiance's previous experience with the infamous iPhone.. the phone itself is pretty sturdy, but the screens are as fragile as a snowflake. He dropped it only a small distance and it shattered, $290 later it's as good as new :p. Now it's got one of those rubbery cases around it.

I'd try and steer away from a flip phone, I've had a few over the years and most of them started going more floppy than flippy lol

levymetal

TURN MY HEADPHONES UP
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV ENHANCED VP CALAIS
why at least 5mp? You do know megapixels has nothing to do with quality right?

i don't think most people know this :p. i once had a really good sony camera that i paid about $400 for 6 years ago. it was only 3.2mp though. it got stolen, claimed it on insurance, and they offered me the absolute cheapest sony camera that you could buy. it was worth like $100. i told them that their offer was ridiculous, and they said "yeah but it is better it is 7.2mp and your one was only 3.2mp". i tried to explain that megapixels is not a measure of quality, they didn't really budge though. their policy states they will replace your item with someone that at least matches the specifications of the old item... so i actually pinged them by saying that my camera took video at 30fps 640x480 where the new shitty camera only took video at 15fps 320x240. shouldn't have had to do that though :p.

like cobez said, $50 phone does the trick, then grab a $150-$200 camera. it'll take nice enough photos and with a bit of photoshop editing to brighten up the colours/sharpness they'll turn out fantastic :). multifunction devices are never good, you can't make a device that is perfect at doing everything.

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly

Best phone i have ever owned. I use more on it than i did the stupid Iphone. And if i drop it and it breaks, i don't care, i'll just go buy another one for $50. Better than dropping and breaking a $1200 Iphone i guess..

what's the exact model? seams like something my father would love

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
what's the exact model? seams like something my father would love

It's a Nokia 1209 :thumbsup: Got it from the durry counter at Safeway.

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
The Sony Ericsson C905 (with 8.1MP) phone is probably the best one. Out of all the mobiles i've tried and sold Sony Ericsson seem to have the best quality. Probably due to the Sony imaging experience that is put in them.

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Phones arnt designed to take good photos, if you want to be able to edit them in photoshop or other programs of the like, buy a phone to make phone calls and send messages, and buy a point and shoot to take photos, the p&s will take better photos than a phone ever will because its designed to take photos, not make phone calls....

andyman

The Only 6sp VZ Wagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 BT50 4x4, 84 Hilux 4x4 & 05 Husky TE450
ive got an LG Renoir, take good photos if there is good light, here 2 happy snaps from it, at a reduced size,

the pic with my car is when canberra had the big dust storm for a day couple months back

P15-04-09_143202.jpg

P06-04-09_1226.jpg

SAV_117

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V8 Calais
samsung 480t y not :)