Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics of my stolen VN SS ***Not 56k friendly***

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
Well .... This is how my baby came back to me today. I know. There are people that will say "at least you got it back" and their right, that is a plus. But seeing it like this really made me ****in' mad!

After going over my car, I know now how they got into it and how they started it. I took pics of that too, but I won't show these ones. This **** has to stop somewhere.

When it first arrived on the truck from Coffs Harbour, NSW.

1.jpg

Let's head for the obvious damage first.

2.jpg

More obvious damage.

3.jpg

And a different angle.

4.jpg

Drivers side wheel has a nice chunk out of it.

5.jpg

Not so stable anymore.

6.jpg

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
Debris.

7.jpg

More bent stuff.

8.jpg

Parked outside.

14.jpg

As it sits now, here is a list of the bits that I need to restore it.

• New front passenger side guard
  • New passenger side headlight
  • New passenger side indicator
  • New Reo support
  • New front bumper
  • New driving lights
  • 2 new front doors (from entry wounds)
  • New ignition barrel (obvious reasons)
  • New ignition cowling
  • Get the wheel fixed
  • New V8 front stabiliser bar
  • New tie-rod ends

There is obviously going to be more steering and suspension damage that I haven't found yet. Also, when turning the steering wheel it will jam mid turn, and you have to really reef down hard on it to get it to move. Product of those bastards smashing into the armco on the freeway at god knows what speed.

Anyway, that's it. I have organised a swap of my wheels and some other bits and pieces for a set of 19" Clubsport wheels of some description. I get to see one of them tomorrow to decide if I like them. Also, I have purchased a VT Clubsport replica front and rear bar to suit VN, so that's going on too. I was going to keep the SS original, but now that I have to replace all this ****, I figure what the hell. It's going custom :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
bastards. bastards. bastards.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Man that bites! Pair of little mongrels. Where in Coffs did they find it - do you know?

ElDubya

Mad As A Meataxe
Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Commodore V6
No idea mate. All I know is a copper saw them driving through Coffs with no front bar, number plate and only one headlight, so he pulled them over, ran the rear plate and found it was stolen. The rest is history.

Also, I would like to say a hearltfelt thanks to our resident Rat. I went over to his place today and (with his son? doing all the removal work) raided his parts and got almost everything I need to get my baby back on the road for a VERY modest and discounted fee. Rat, cheers mate. You're a great bloke and anyone says different, they'll have me to deal with.

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
Well, i'm just glad you got it back :) I'm working in Coffs on Wednesday LOL

That Rat's a good guy - 'cept when he's trying to send ya viruses through MSN ;) LMAO

spacattack

THE ENFORCER!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Custom VN
yeh rats an excerlent fella to know allways has somethin he can give ya for a cheap price and his also excerlent for info to as for the car man would i like to tear strips of em for just lookin at the car the f**kers ohhhh man i would love to get my hands on em............. hey mate something i just relized check this pic out its of my car when i slammed it into a cement barrier i was suprised as to y they look so dam similar lol kinda scary if ya ask me................. things to check ( well obvioulsy youll be up for new back tyres mayby) check the pads and rotors in the front cause no doubt she would of been drivin hard ( the f***ers )

Attachments

• Jun10^63.JPG
    Jun10^63.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 297
  • Jun10^66.JPG
    Jun10^66.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 361

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
omg the poor baby, bastards!!!!! but least she came bak and not gone forever! :) insured?

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
remember ElDubya fix it, or pain, lots of pain, heaps of pain, no eye lashes, and ill do rude things to your dog :rofl: not to bad, at least it's not a write-off, get the motor checked out first and box champ, make sure thats all fine and in order

Last edited by a moderator:
R

rattattack1313

How come your spelling is so good in the mornings Garth??? heheheeeee.. Yea...... LW has been into your stash here , mate.... :rofl: