Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics Of VN/VP's with 18" and 19" Wheels

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
calais_cruzin said:
id just go a 18 by 8 u dont wanna be spendin 500-600 just on rears just coz u went a bit silly rippin skids....i think the max for tyres u should pay is bout 170-200 for a good tread....anything ova that price and it costin too much to rip a lil skid when u want to....the ride difference between 18 and 19 is un noticeable with a good workin shocks....i would go the 18's just coz they are cheaper than 19's not much but ova 4 tyres thats a good 150-200 extra depending....ino that extra inch makes a difference in looks but is that extra worth it...u just gotta make a decision is it worth the extra $$$ for extra inch.....
Yeah, fully agree, Im guilty of letting skids off and I know I woudnt like to be paying a shitload for tread that just keeps getting left on the bitumen...

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Well Im keeping my 16's purely for that purpose...when I wanna do some 'skids' :p At $112 a tyre...it is worth swappin the rear wheels :p

On private property of course...

But yeah it is definitely still the extra tyre price that bothers me. $400 more for an extra inch with the mags I can deal with as its once off.

But higher tyre costs continually in the future...thats a downside. But perhaps the tyre prices will go down with the bigger wheels on cars like the SS etc. these days???

calais_cruzin

Calais_Rattling....
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 VP Calais 3.8
Bigger tyres are gettin cheaper....Those nangkangs 19-245-35 were $289 6 months ago now they are $250....they are only goin to get cheaper as time goes by....15-30 buck drop every yr or so....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Like I said mate, with how trends are at the moment and from what you have done to your car 19'z minimum. I mean you dont want to have put all the time and money into your kit only to have last years sized rims..........
AirStrike :air:

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
lol @ mack...

Yeah its definitely 19's... went in today to a few places and had a look.

Going 245's for tyres... Probably Falkens, but maybe Nankangs... Falkens are more expensive but they offered them to me for the same price as well as some Gorilla lock nuts, with ends that spin hehehe

vpdood

Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vp berlina
CURSD said:
Edit : btw my tyres are $260 each I think. Nankangs. last for ages. good tyres :)

my nankangs cost me 180 each.....bahahah ripped off!!

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
1991_Vn2nV said:
lol 20's are probably that little big. I'll leave 20's to Felony here in Adelaide.

Is that red VN 20"? If so I think definitely 19"!!!

18's with my kit will appear to be that little bit too small I think...

haha thanks mate, but it wont bother me if ya want 20's... im upgrading within the next year :yeah:

already put some money aside... ;)

felony1.jpg

Attachments

• xmas3.JPG
    xmas3.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 431

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
1991_Vn2nV said:
lol @ mack...

Yeah its definitely 19's... went in today to a few places and had a look.

Going 245's for tyres... Probably Falkens, but maybe Nankangs... Falkens are more expensive but they offered them to me for the same price as well as some Gorilla lock nuts, with ends that spin hehehe

good luck gettin 245's to fit mate, i couldnt on my front

90VN55

Reaction score
Members Ride
90 VN SS 5speed, '90 VN Calais 5speed
Veeps Calais said:
haha thanks mate, but it wont bother me if ya want 20's... im upgrading within the next year :yeah:

already put some money aside... ;)
upgrading to?
or is it a secret